USX drivers...how's your day??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by musicgal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Outlawd19

Outlawd19 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Hegins, PA
    I have thought about calling HR or trying to get a hold of someone that could help me. But at the same time, I don't want to be looked at as someone who is just complaining. I love my FM, he and I are pretty cool with one another and I have been with him for over a year now. So I don't want to either lose him or get him in some kind of trouble or have him resent me and give me crap for loads. For right now I am just riding it out, seeing where it goes. Maybe I will wait a month and see if anything changes, if not then make a call or fill out some apps and move on. I just want to run, I like to run 650 miles or more a day, its what I do best. I have mentioned to just run me where ever before, but nothing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    650 miles a day every day is not very realistic unless you are running with a team and getting the 2k+ loads. (or running illegal) Would you be happier somewhere else?

4. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    The squeaky wheel gets the grease

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    I would try talking to your FM first. Then the Fleet Owner.

6. Outlawd19

Outlawd19 Light Load Member

Aug 7, 2012
    Hegins, PA
    I used to run 650 miles a day. Id run from PA to NC or SC. That trip would usually be 650 miles or so, then I would pick up in Anderson, SC and come back up to PA, which was 730 miles, then turn around and run back down, then one more back up and then home. I know I was put as a tour truck to run from Anderson, SC (Electrolux), going to Gouldsboro, PA (Sears). Now, I know the freight has fallen off some what from Anderson, but yet I still run into drivers that are running out of there often enough that I should still be running from there. I talked to my FM about it already and he told me we will get your miles back up where they need to be, which was a month ago. I did just get my first week over 2000 miles in the past 8 weeks this past pay period, but next week will only be 1800 miles. I have told him that if he needed to, he can send me to the Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, Wisconsin, so on to bolster my miles. So far I have only been going between PA and SC still. Getting stuck at shippers and receivers too. Red-Bull in Winchester, VA is the worse place to go, well aside from Nestle Water in Breinigsville, PA. I sat at Nestle for 28 hours one time and 16 hours another time. Red-bull I have sat at for 7hours and 8 hours. I can sit there and send in Mac 14's till I am blue in the face and either get denied or if its approved its only like $7. So knowing that our detention pay is a joke, its not even worth sending it in anymore.

My FM is on vacation for the next two weeks, which is never fun cause I get bounced around from FM to FM and the fill-ins seem to always not care about the drivers they have to cover. They have their favorites and that's who they take care of. In February when my FM went on vacation, the fill-ins I had pulled loads off of me that my FM had planned me on to get me home the day before Valentines day. When I asked why did they remove it from me, one told me, "Oh, I had a driver that was ready to pick that load up now, we are giving you the load he had". The load that got taken off me was a 670 mile trip taking me home and the load they put on me was 120 miles and keeping close to where I was. Needless to say, I didn't get home when I was supposed to. I flipped out on them and the next time he went on vacation, I didn't get any of them lol.

Anyway, I plan on seeing how these next two weeks go and maybe waiting till my next pay increase in the middle of august. If my miles go back up and I am making money again, I will be happy cause I get to stay here with USX. Otherwise, its gonna be time to do what I gotta do to provide for my family.

7. BigBluePeter

BigBluePeter Heavy Load Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Id say a lot of you issues are part of where you live? You haven't been put on NE region have you?

8. Throcken

Throcken Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2014
    NC coast
    My husband and I are currently taking our CDL course (3 weeks to go!)

We are looking to spend large chunks of time of the road with our Doberman (fur baby) with no desire for regular home time. Hopefully hard runs in exchange for longer periods of time off for travel.

Originally we were considering Schneider, but our dog is a MUST.

Starting to look into US Express. Seem to be pet friendly without the size limit; we're fine with a pet fee (I think I saw $500 one time for usx?).

Any advice about joining usx as team divers would be great! Especially any I info from those who have their pets travels with them.
    We are currently residing in NC, but the home location is flexible.

Excited to get on the road!

9. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    before you look to much at US Xpress you need to call them because your ""Doberman"" may be a problem.... they don't like aggressive breeds....!!

the deposit is $500 non refundable (they will take it out weekly) PLUS (I think) $10 a week for as long as you have the pet on the truck to cove the extra fuel because you will be idling more because of the pet.....

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  10. Brandson

Brandson Medium Load Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I hate people that bring large pets with them in their trucks... You think a Doberman is going to be comfortable in a truck? It's downright cruel...

123456 Thanks this.
  11. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    It doesn't matter how long you stay out. The company will give you max 4 days off. If you take more than 4 days off then you'll have to clean out your truck & be re-assigned a different one when you get back. If you get it pre-approved from your FM then you could get a few more days but longer periods of home time isn't going to happen. When my wife & I started...we stayed out 3 months....felt so good to be out of that truck when we finally went home. In exchange for those 3 months....we only got 4 days off. Once you get out here, your gonna not want to stay out longer than 4 weeks.

The company allows one dog, they charge a non-refundable $500 pet fee and they take out $10 a week from your paycheck.

This is a great place to join for husband and wife teams. Look forward to seeing you on the road !

flood Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.