USX drivers...how's your day??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by musicgal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    did they change the lease then we were on our way to owning it before my grandmoter got sick

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Their doing brand new Cascadia Evolutions and Volvo 780s for the lease. The company got rid of the Volvos because of maintenance issues but they'll let drivers do a lease on one ?.......>>Scary !

4. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah we had a volvo, the main reason was the shops werent that driver friendly and were not open 24/7 not that freightliner is any better, also weight issues, also i heard weight was an issue with getting APU's as well

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome back to USX to the both of you. It'll be nice to have another husband and wife team on here. :biggrin_25514:

6. WX4JCW

WX4JCW Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Thanks :) we are mostly on FB but i come on here from time to time

7. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    the lease they have on the Volvo's isn't through usx it's through a outside vender

I had a lone talk with a driver than is doing the Volvo lease trying to help him......

as a O/O I would never do that lease..... the buy out at the end is WAY to big..... the payment is to much.... by the numbers he must run 2500 miles every week just to cover his fixed cost.....

TruckDuo and BigBluePeter Thank this.
  8. jman82

jman82 Bobtail Member

Apr 5, 2015
    My day, and weekend has been terrible. Fired my fleet manager, brandon on Friday.
    The company punished me for doing so by making me sit all weekend with a 300 mile load.
    I was supposed to pick it up yesterday, but after waiting 11 hrs at rexam in NC, I was ignored by weekend dispatch asking questions about when the load would be ready.
    This morning I got "the load is ready" message, so now I'm waiting more.
    When I asked my new fm about detention pay I got the mantra of "not my fault, not my problem, not my job" and was told, and I quote "the detention department will make that decision".
    Nice, I never knew there was a detention department.
    I love being treated like a bleeding imbecile by these people.

9. Captbob412

Captbob412 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Lake City, Florida
    Please look at my quote "Interest Rates AND/OR Loans, " While normally not an outright purchase there are profits built into the lease as fees and charges, plus the bank or finance company will give a large increase in the MSRP,otherwise no company could afford to lease out.
    In fact dealers would rather lease than sell because of the larger profits and lower liability.
    And a lease is still considered Financing whether you keep the vehicle or not.
    And most leases have a RESIDUAL cost with an "Option to Purchase"
    Whatever the reason USX will not lease to me as a Florida Resident but other companies will.
    That leads me to believe Florida has issues with USX Leases because something is unreasonable and won't allow them.

10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    usx HQ isn't in florida, the truck isn't licensed in florida, you don't sign the lease in florida so how could the state of florida have any say about it....? think about it

wulfman75 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  11. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    First off, Truck Leases from a carrier are ALMOST ALWAYS bad.
    USX will not let you lease from Florida because freight out of Florida sucks and you will never get home. The usually do not hire company drivers out of Florida for the same reason.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.