USX drivers...how's your day??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by musicgal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. NoCoCraig

NoCoCraig Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    Plans??? What plans???

So, the weather through Kansas was not that bad and by Missouri the roads were clear and dry. We were very excited to have the load to Maryland as we were going to have some time with Anne's Dad on his birthday. In the exact same spot on the freeway that we got the repower last week, Anne's phone rings. There is a solo driver an hour Southwest of St Louis who has a load of tires that have to be at the Ford Chicago Assembly Plant by 6:00 AM Thursday morning ("Or the plant will be shut down"....honest to God what they said) So we turned around and back over the river. Met Randy at a Pilot and headed to Chicago. Rolled in to Markham about 12:30 AM and got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. When we got to the plant they were so excited to see the load of tires. The guy at the gate waved his hand casually and said "drop your trailer over in that yard somewhere" Pretty funny really. We tracked down an empty and headed to Rock Island where we picked up a Fedex load for Portland Oregon and we are rolling through Nebraska as I type. Say a prayer for us, Nebraska has not been good to us yet.

Oregon is good cause we need to by a refrigerator and some other stuff and they have no sales tax:biggrin_25514:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    You have GOT to be kidding me. RED stop engine light came on at a rest area at mile marker 160. I hate Nebraska and this is starting to get personal. It is 1:30 in the morning and I am waiting for a call back from breakdown. They think it may be a fuel filter and I am pretty darn sure it is not. I am sure it is the #### DEF injector again. Did I mention I hate Nebraska?

4. steel wheels

steel wheels Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2010
    NJ
    That sucks Craig,For a new truck you have your share of gremlins.Keep a smile on,enjoy reading your post of your adventure.I am heading to ffe this week to start mine .

5. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    we are sitting at the Nebraska Truck Center in North Platte Nebraska. They cannot get the truck in until Monday. The repower team arrived and grabbed our trailer. Our fleet manager is trying to find us another truck but I have no idea how he can get one to us here. The hotel group has already called with our hotel info and we will be heading over in a bit. This company really takes care of us, I just wish they did not have too.

6. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Man alive......I hope you get a truck that will run for you soon.

Gotta love those "Plant will shut down" loads.....LOL

Made it to Columbus this afternoon with no problem. Just a looooong haul from Lynchburg to Nitro, WV through those hills. Took a break there and a shower, then headed on in. Am sitting at the Pilot on I70 in Columbus until morning. Told my dispatcher yesterday that I wasn't leaving until at least 6am on Saturday because I needed some decent sleep...LOL

7. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    To tired, what a nice problem for you to have.

Our fleet manager found us a truck in Irving. Exact same truck but I am willing to roll the dice. Only problem is it is late Friday and he is trying to get us a rental car so we can get there. They did get the truck in after breakdown called them and applied a bit of pressure. I just talked to the mechanic and he said there are some bad sensors and they have to wait and talk to Cummins on Monday. I highly doubt a bad sensor is the problem but my hope is I wont have to care since I will be in a new truck.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  8. rolltide88

rolltide88 Bobtail Member

Jun 17, 2010
    Frisco City, Al
    I believe they will get ya going. I enjoy reading about your adventures. Thanks for posting them.

9. NTMD8OR

NTMD8OR Light Load Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Smyrna, Tn.
    Something worse than Nebraska. That is the idiots in the shops and on the BD phones. I am convinced that they cannot fix anything. Keep them around for detailing trucks for reseat only. I might let them change tires and fix a few lights but that is all. Nothing truly mechanical in the shops. It takes a dealer to fix any truck right. At least on major issues. USX should limit all their shops to minor repairs and deal strictly with dealers on major repairs.

10. NoCoCraig

Nov 7, 2010
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    The shop in Tunnel Hill did a very nice job on the Inverter and CB install :biggrin_25520:

The bad thing is, I took this truck in to a dealer and spent the first 6 hours of my home time last week while they went over it trying to find out why I kept getting "Check Engine" lights. The mechanic spent over an hour on the phone with Cummins and then said, "there is nothing wrong with the truck" that was six days before we broke down this time.

11. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    That's like when I didn't have gauges and took it to Freightliner....they couldn't find the problem because the gauges worked while there and the computer couldn't find anything wrong................the guys at Irving found it and it was apparently a battery cable problem.

I really hope you two get back on the road and STAY going soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.