Venture Express

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Barbeque, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Barbeque

Barbeque Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA
    After learning the fate of a major account I was hauling daily from a Love's t-stop cashier instead of dispatch. And then zero notice of the plug being pulled 3 days later after being told this week would run as usual? I drive 50 miles to the truck to and find out there's no planned load. I got creative on the dirty back door.

Barbeque was here,
    But now he's not.
    A simple stable job,
    Is what he sought.
    Venture was nice,
    For the time he vested.
    Off to greener grass,
    You've been bested...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    It is amazing what you can find out and from whom...best of luck to you.

Barbeque Thanks this.
  4. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    This is what happens when a trucking company puts all it's eggs in on basket. One major account that takes all the resources then gets undercut by a larger trucking firm.

Barbeque Thanks this.
  5. tndriver

tndriver Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2011
    mid south tn
    Well used to drive for them until I left my truck to be serviced. Then all my belongings was put in a box in the shop floor as they gave another driver my truck to run.... They also had pulled 2 loads a day were I work now but lost it cause was always late.

Barbeque Thanks this.
  6. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I remember Stevens lost a lot of ORE-IDA business along with everyone else when Dick Simon underbid everyone.

7. Barbeque

Barbeque Light Load Member

Aug 25, 2015
    Everywhere USA

8. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    i found out i was a father....

after i won the lottery a few years ago...

funny how kids of all colors came ah knocking on my door..........

funny look on thier faces, when i told them i had a vasectomy.............

good thing too, the lottery prize was $35.00.......

can you imagine had i not had that vasectomy when i did, those kids probably could have been mine............and really deserved some of that money..???

let's see..........vasectomy done 4 years ago............

lottery wining's 30 years ago.................

yep, not possible i fathered any of 'em...........

lots of character and 77smartin Thank this.
  9. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Man forget truck driving, you should be a poet.

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  10. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    When all these little a holes start popping up out of the woodwork, we know to blame @G.Anthony

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  11. Weirdracin

Weirdracin Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2016
    Venture Express came up into Ohio and bought out my company Chambers Leasing System April 1st 2016.
    Told all the drivers that everything was going to stay the same till the end of the year. One month later, they are closing a terminal, moving a terminal, letting people go, selling equipment & telling current drivers they want us on a setup like down south to maximize the 11/14HOS and that we will not be bidding on runs we want to be on anymore and having a dedicated run daily.
    The options they gave amount to garbage pay for longer hours! Drivers are giving notice, some have left and some are hold out till the Honda shutdown pay and then leaving.
    The word about them is spreading and they are having a hard time finding drivers, as chambers was not the best paying Honda contract company, but they were an ok company for the long term drivers with 10+ years(new drivers didn't make much and most were straight out of school) and Venture is paying out the nose for outside companies to cover their contract Honda runs(more then they get for the contract).
    Some drivers are now working for those outsource companies doing their same run when with Venture and making more money now.
    I hope they go down and piss Honda off, i've heard that some of the Honda management people said Venture better not mess up or they will be dropped. They have others to do the runs if needed if Venture drops the ball. Which they already have it slipping thru their fingers!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.