Verizon can kiss my...

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by SISYPHUS, Oct 9, 2015.

1. SISYPHUS

SISYPHUS Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2015
    HADES
    I've spent several years going the pre-paid route w/ Verizon. After them botching my automatic pay option on numerous occasions, I finally decided to go ahead w/ normal service. They screwed everything up even worse! My first bill was over $300! I've requested an accounting of that bill and they continue to play a game. When I agreed to service they charged me $225 for my phone and have failed to provide me w/ any invoices on transactions done since then. One person tells me blah, blah, blah while another passes the buck! What is the initial charge of $225 I ask? Their service worked for me at $100 per month - WTF happened?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    I've been with them for 20 something years. Started with a bag phone.....

And I've got nothing good to say about them....:( :( :(

browndawg and tucker Thank this.
  4. SISYPHUS

SISYPHUS Medium Load Member

Jul 24, 2015
    HADES
    Yes, it's unfortunate for all as they have the best coverage. Yet they're ###### crooks!

browndawg, gjcarr03 and chopper103in Thank this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    What if i told you, the internet allows you too look at all your bills online.

Not sure how far back. I think it's 12 months.

Sprint has greatly expanded there coverage. With permission from the FCC and the addition of 10,000 new cells. But you'll need a spark capable phone to figure out what's there.
    I've got a lot better coverage, but a lot of the 4g has disappeared. I'm pretty sure it's because they installing NEW technology and not screwing around with old anymore. Makes no sense to keep old. Course, i'm sure verizon and other carriers do the same thing.

If the phones were cheaper. I'd like to seriously upgrade. And find out how sprint is doing these days. There's only one cheap phone. and the specs are LOUSY.

6. flyingmusician

flyingmusician Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NC
    They pulled the same #### with me. Told me my first month was 'paid in advance' and that's why they double billed me the first statement. You can bet when I dumped them they sent me a final bill. That made a total of 25 bills for a 24 month contract.

Nobody will even take my calls about it and they blocked any access online for me as well.

You can believe their collections people are calling about that 25th bill I won't pay though.

I won't even get started on my wife's old phone they claim is 'proprietary' and refused to unlock when we dumped them and the lies that ensued with that before they finally told me to go away they weren't unlocking it it MUST be used on their network or not at all. We bought that phone we own it. Now it's nothing but an extensive paperweight.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  7. BigBobbyG

BigBobbyG Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2015
    OTR, probably
    They charged me 500 bucks for a month of roaming once and refused to even work out a payment plan, just shut the service off but kept charging me like I was going to continue the plan after I told them to cancel it. They would call the phone and ask when I was going to pay but I couldn't call out. I yanked the battery out of the phone and forgot about them, I will never go back.

HorseShoe Thanks this.
  8. Mudguppy

Mudguppy Degenerate Immoralist

Apr 28, 2014
    Wooley Swamp
    Had them about 8-9 years ago, when I moved from busy city life in south FL to the sticks in north FL. Well, lo and behold I couldn't get a signal within 3 miles of the new Mudguppy compound, so I called to complain/cancel my service. They made me wait 3 weeks while they "investigated" my coverage area, then finally gave in and agreed that I was right.
    Went and got a $40/month Boost unlimited plan and never looked back.

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Have had them forever. They cancelled my insurance without telling me (but I deserved to lose it after all the claims I have filed over the years, but didn't deserve to not be told). They have the best coverage without a doubt. After my last "accident" with my phone, and after I discovered I didn't have insurance any more, I had to resort to going to a Straight Talk phone and regret it ever since.(kept my Verizon line)....Supposedly this phone uses the Verizon towers, but I have no signal in most of KY, a lot of OK and various areas in KS and IA, all of those areas had signal on my old Verizon phones. Now I read customers like me with the old unlimited Verizon plan are going to see a $20 increase per month.

10. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I had at&t for several years then they squawked about my data usage in WY, so I went with a regional carrier out of Mt View, WY. They were great, but when I went to work in ND last year the only thing that would work was the big red V. Have had them ever since, no complaints about anything, although they don't piggyback with Viaero in SE CO. Drive right by a big tower with a big sign bragging about 4g, and I can't get even 1 bar of analog. Can't always win, I guess.

bullhaulerswife Thanks this.
  11. truckerlife74

truckerlife74 Medium Load Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Charlotte nc
    I been with sprint myself for over 8 years and personally the coverage area sucks.. Sprints seems notorious for call dropping imo

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.