Very friendly...grocery warehouse!

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Lucy in the Sky, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Little town in Iowa south of des Moines maybe 30 miles east of I 35, there's a hyvee grocery warehouse. Have an appointment for 10 am and I show up the night before and get parked at a small truck stop. Usually I try to get unloaded early but it's a grocery warehouse...why bother? Well I decide to go for it. Worst they will do is say no. I get through security and the shipping office says go park in the bull pen and we will call. I ask how long, a couple hours or closer to my appointment because I'll just come back in the morning. A guy in the the shipping office says "hang on driver", gets up and walks out on the dock. Comes back and says he checked and I'll have a dock in an hour or 2. Asks if that is OK and I said yes. After they get me unloaded (no lumper fee) I'm getting my bills and the guy sees me and asks if that was an OK amount of time. I said of course and thanked him. Also they had a very nice driver lounge with bathrooms, vending machines, tvs, and even a free shower! Not only did they unload early with NO MENTION of "your appointment isn't until xxxx" they actually cared about me and my hours. Hands down best grocery warehouse I've ever been to. Usually you are treated as a sub-human. I was blown away.

Not sure how big Hyvee is I think it's just a Midwest thing but if I ever live close to one you better believe I'll be shopping there!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Great driver, I know what your saying, those sorta shipper warehouses are far and few between. I know how you feel, I was at one like that in the south about a year ago, had shower, lounge, treated me great. Shower was clean as could be to. Don't you wish it was even 50% like that...good deal driver, have a safe one

4. TPS Report

TPS Report Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2016
    You should send a link of your post to Hyvee.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  5. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
  6. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Right on, man.

JEWEL / OSCO - TAKE A LESSON!!!

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hm. Not too shabby. I would pass on the shower, a rain storm does the same thing heh or a creek.

But anyhow... it's good people post about decent grocery houses. There was a time long ago you had a number of very good houses. But not so much these days. And my view reaches back into the 60's from what we have witnessed first hand in those kinds of places way back when.

8. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    The Showers are clean because a Driver didn't get a chance to dirty it up and trash it yet.

Trubb43 Thanks this.
  9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    HyVee is employee owned and they do care about the drivers who bring in their products.

10. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    The hy vee warehouse up in Cherokee ia is the same way and that's why when I'm home I'm a loyal hy vee shopper .

11. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Chariton, IA I believe it was. Just looked at my atlas

bzinger Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.