Very Newbie question(s) - LW trucks, slow speeds, so on?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by NeoGrin, Mar 5, 2015.

1. FullMetalJacket

FullMetalJacket Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Vagrant

Manual transmissions.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mom23kidoz

mom23kidoz Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Wiwr, one of the very few last companies to switch to automatics.

4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    10 speed manual.

5. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
  6. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    No. That's not right. Freymiller purchased Buels equipment to sale. Freymiller did NOT acquire the pacific northwest runs. I've asked everyone, except for Mr. Don himself. The equipment is being sold on their truck sales lot.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  7. dieseltrooper

dieseltrooper Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2014
    OKC,OK
    Check with Jim Palmer as well. We are owned by Wil-Trans and haul Prime trailers.
    We run the PNW alot. I live in OK and run TX/OK to the PNW frequently.

8. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I was so happy/relieved when I asked the recruiter if they offered manuals as an option and he said no, we're all 10 sp manuals.. I was like " wohoo!" Waiting to get a call from them, hopefully I can get on.

Metallica88 Thanks this.
  9. Squirrel332

Squirrel332 Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2015
    I am having problem with the unemployment as well. However, that being said (even though my recruiter is taking his sweet ### time about it. He did tell me if it can be proven by personal refrences and in my case as social security disability letter (or maybe a layoff letter from your company) that there should not be a problem. That has yet to be proven from my end though. Any other opinions are more than welcome. I would love to hear them as it;s the only thing holding me up from attending training.

10. unholy7

unholy7 Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2014
    I think Prime handles each work history on a case by case basis. When I deployed to afghanistan I paid off a house, my personal truck, and paid car insurance for 2 years. I didnt have to work constantly and my work history reflected that.

I explained why my history was the way it was, and why I wanted to get back into trucking (I want a house up north, ATVs, Bikes, Guns plus an about to be wife.) I really think a positive attitude takes a driver a long way in this business.

but I'm really impressed with prime so far. I've been trying to get to orientation for 2 weeks now. the 1st week I forgot about a VA appointment I had. I couldn't push it back because it would be MONTHS before I could get seen again, Then this past weekend a pipe busted in my house so I had to wait for someone to come out and fix my crap and prime has been nothing but supportive.

hal380 Thanks this.
  11. catt

catt Bobtail Member

Nov 5, 2012
    Anybody know about Primes Pet Policy? I want to take my 4yoa cat. He is nuetered and trained.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.