Video of Swift L/O getting fired in Sparks Term

Discussion in 'Swift' started by truckbuddha, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It is hardly the problem with trucking only.

Employers routinely check social media to see what is being written about them, and check it when considering someone to hire.
    Yet the 'social media generation' doesn't seem to get the message until it is too late.

They are so enthralled with themselves and what they are doing, and letting everyone else know their every move and thought at any given moment.

There is not nearly enough paranoimia in this world anymore.

Yes, it is a real word. Look it up.
    Max Headroom... The Art of Noise... ???

I grew up knowing that my every move was under watch.
    By someone, no matter who.
    My parents, a teacher, a pastor, a neighbor, a 'friend' or otherwise... God, the Devil... someone.
    Now it is also employers and some others.
    But these kids seem to think that they are in a bubble universe, and all to themselves.

The ex?-trucker in that video is a case in point.

desperado75 and DustyRoad Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deep south

deep south Light Load Member

Jan 19, 2016
    fayettenam,GA
    max headroom LOL! we had a lot more freedom back in the 80s.

LindaPV Thanks this.
  4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Yeah you can't get away with a Ferris Bueler day off anymore. Plenty of stories of people calling in sick then posting their excursions on facespaces and they forgot their boss is their 'friend' on social media and get fired.

But it is stupid times 10 to record yourself doing illegal things when you are a professional driver. I think this guy decended down to Level 100 when he recorded his own firing lol then Level 1000 by posting it for the whole world to see. I guess he thought if he got enough hits on the video, youtube will pay him for driving traffic to their site.

5. truckbuddha

truckbuddha Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Well lets not forget the guy last yr sometime in a story on the truckersreport news, how he was acting stupid, driving with his feet on the dash, eating, playing around and posting it all on his facebook page. He got into a wreck and the attorney for the other side used all that against him to prove he was an irresponsible driver, and won the case against him.

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  6. LindaPV

LindaPV Medium Load Member

What ever happened to that Schneider driver who had vids of ####ing off on the CB?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  7. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    The lawyers cannot let the company have a driver doing unsafe acts on video for the whole world to see. Another lease operator buys the company a tractor.

8. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I'd say you're really asking for it Youtubing yourself while the truck is moving. My personal "CYA" department would never approve that. If you're an independent O/O and want to do this type of stuff that's one thing, but if you're at the mercy of mega carrier Inc's safety department to keep yourself out of hot water you better think otherwise.

9. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Hi truck #123456
    Hi robot #1222225
    Hi steering wheel holder #442222
    Hi guy that got fired #1342324

What a moron.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Maybe he watched too much Ice Road Trucker or something?
    Gotta love reality TV wannabe's.

He's probably still thinking a network will pick him up with his next series, and make him famous.

11. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Nothing better than being an o/o driving your own truck and when you mess up and someone calls you in to complain about the driver

Had a driver in a f350 loaded as can be on a goose neck up hills i kept passing him straight aways he kept blowing by me. I saw him grab his phone and started dialing as he was driving next to me..Then took off infront of me. I get a random call. Hi id like to complain about one of of your drivers speeding and driving like a maniac.... I was like what is he doing now?............ As i hold my middle finger out the window that was the last of that conversation. (He was mad that his f350 kept getting passed by an empty 18 wheeler at 59mph up hill on cruise. Smh. Anyways back on topic

nax, Moon_beam and scottied67 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.