Virginia Transportation Info.

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Coolbreeze, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Coolbreeze

Coolbreeze Light Load Member

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Looking for info about Virginia Transportation out if West Warwick RI. I live 30 miles west of Atlanta, Ga. I've read thru the website. Looking for first hand info please. Thanks in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SLANT6

SLANT6 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    The Nut House
    Since this has been on the board all day with no replies, I can give a little of what I know about them.
    Based out of RI, they recently aqquired some Nissan work out of Boston into points north of there. Lincoln, AL seems to be in support of the Honda Assembly plant there. Jessup or Annapolis Jct., MD is a very large rail ramp. GM and Ford are in there, not sure about Chrysler. Wilmington, DE is probably working the Port traffic.

Pullin2, Tall Mike and Coolbreeze Thank this.
  4. 70Mustang

70Mustang Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2015
    I've been at VTC for a year now after 30 yrs with Teamster carhaul companies. It's a great company to work for. The benefits and pay are comparable to union wages. The trucks are 2 year old Petes or newer. My only dislike is road drivers are out for a minimum of 2 weeks at a time. We are opening a new Honda shuttle terminal in Lincoln, Alabama. That might work out for you because of where you live.

Pullin2, Coolbreeze and Tall Mike Thank this.
  5. Coolbreeze

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Thanks for the info. I left a voicemail for the recruiter yesterday. Waiting to hear back.

6. 70Mustang

70Mustang Bobtail Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Ok. I believe it will be 30 or so drivers needed. They have new day cabs ordered. Run 4 loads a day, then someone else runs 4 at night. Good luck to ya..

7. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    We do work with Virginia quite a bit, I cannot say how they are to work for, but they do turn trucks fast, really fast. We have bought several of there trucks, usually around 120-130,000 miles, they get rid of them. We have a partnership of some sort with them and a few other companies. I'm not sure about the specifics on it (I a mechanic), but it's an effort to reduce empty miles. They have loads going 1 way and we have loads going the other way, so we load both ways to increase capacity without adding more trucks.

Coolbreeze Thanks this.
  8. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I see on craigslist they are hiring in upstate NY..

I see them in my travels the equiptment looks good from what I've seen......Had one loading right next to me at the E Windsor, CT auction on Friday didn't get the chance to ask him how it was going....The weather totally sucked I wasn't in a chatty mood he probably wasn't either..

OP, would be anxious to hear what you heard from them..

9. Coolbreeze

May 13, 2008
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I left a voicemail for the recruiter. Haven't heard anything back. That was over a week ago. I'll probably try again this week.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  10. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Keep after them !!

Coolbreeze Thanks this.
  11. Tall Mike

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    Any word ??

I may put a call in myself, while in the yard yesterday the owner and the boss man were trying to push me towards a dedicated run out of Cleveland..

and that ain't what I signed up for..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.