Virginia Trucker Wins $91 Million (after taxes) in Mega Millions

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by c64basic, Aug 2, 2015.

1. c64basic

c64basic Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Virginia Trucker Wins $91 Million
    MECHANICSVILLE, Va. — Truck drivers can make a nice paycheck, but it would take a long time to equal the payday trucker Steven Peloquin earned on a recent run through Pennsylvania.

While at Penn 80/Flying J Travel Plaza in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, earlier this month, Peloquin bought a Mega Millions ticket. His numbers matched all the winning numbers in the July 21 drawing.

Paloquin took home $91.8 million after taxes, according to WTVR.

Paloquin did not instantly know he was a millionaire. It took him a few days after the drawing to check his ticket.

“I was getting ready to turn in last Saturday night when I went online to check my numbers,” Peloquin told lottery officials. “Needless to say, I didn’t get to sleep that night.”

Peloquin, a truck driver for 30 years, said his fortune would allow him to retire early and spend more time with his wife and family.

icsheeple Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    Wow.

Hopefully he manages his winnings and makes them last unlike a lotta others who have won and wound up squandering all of it.

Something tells me if he's been a driver for 30 years, and has stuck to that, he won't have any problems.

4. Skate-Board

Skate-Board Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Merrimack, NH
    Good for him!!!!!!!

Too bad many states don't allow you to keep your name secret. Now his whole family is in danger of being kidnapped and held for ransom.

Back in the 70's there was a lottery. It was for 1 million. A lot back then. My friend won it when he was 18. He was broke and owed money 6 months later. The last straw was when he didn't like his new Corvette so he let it go over the bridge into the drinking water reservoir.

Another friend of mine was around 15. His father invented the automatic transmission for the Schwinn bicycle. He sold the design for many millions. He was a single dad. They both went to the airport with nothing and stood in front of the departures sign and said, where do you want to go first. He came back about 6 months later and had a blast.

5. c64basic

c64basic Medium Load Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Frozen Tundra
    Just to be a joker I would ask my employer for a raise. "Hey, I have to hire a financial adviser now to manage all that money and that ain't gonna be cheap!"

EndHatred Thanks this.
  6. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
  7. EndHatred

EndHatred Medium Load Member

Jun 9, 2015
    You hung around some wild friends.:cool:

8. BooshWhacker

BooshWhacker Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2014
    That guy owed me money and never paid me back. I loaned him 5 dollars for a lottery ticket.

9. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    Wish I could win so I could keep on trucking for another 20 or so years.

Getsinyourblood Thanks this.
  10. tommymonza

tommymonza Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    S.W. Florida
    Think of the Chrome and chicken lights you could deck out your old Pete with winning that kind of money.

Hell you could afford to drive 300 miles a week for 90 cents a mile with that kind of coin in the bank.

11. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    If I was still a company driver and won the lotto. I would buy my company truck just to lite it on fire and watch the fooker BURN!

HalpinUout, albert l and tommymonza Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.