vnl430 wire locations

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by ayngstr, Sep 20, 2015.

1. ayngstr

ayngstr Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2015
    I have a 2016 VNL430 D13, IShift and have a few questions on wire locations.

First, I have three AUX switches on the dash and there is power in and a wire that disappears into the loom that has power going out. These are fused switches and I need to know where to look to find the end of the switched wire so I can hook up to it for accessories.

Second, I have to install a Qualcomm MCP 110. I believe there is a J1939 connection in the main fuse panel location. Can I hook into in? If not where is the J1708 connection located?

Pictures would be nice if available for wire locations and what the connectors look like.

Thanks for the help!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sirjeff

sirjeff Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2013
    Kelowna, BC
    Those 3 aux switches come out of the drivers side dash/foot well underhood close to the firewall. If I remember correctly they will be hidden in a large zip tied cluster of wires but they will all have plug ends on them and will be labeled aux 1-3.

4. ayngstr

ayngstr Bobtail Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Thank you very much! Found them in the left kick panel. I had to remove the grab handle and lower left dash panel and the kick panel to find them all.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.