Volvo VED12 465 hp fuel pressure supply engine code

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by FAP, Sep 2, 2012.

1. FAP

FAP Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Hello guys,

this is the story. Bought really nice truck a month ago. Pulling flatbed. Luv the truck and comfort and quiet inside the cab. But since I dont pull anything lighter then 40k fuel mpg went down rapidly. Started out with 5,2 mpg and after 3 weeks my a/c is out of freon and being turned off fuel mpg went between 5,4 and more then 6 mpg sometimes. No loss of power, engine pulls nicely. 10 spd eaton, 3,58 rears. I have been told that a/c turned off is going to increase my fuel mpg but not that much. But after a third week started to get an engine code saying fuel pressure supply. Code shows up only when I start the truck or engine is idling and starting to roll. Not while driving. Spoke with Volvo technician and been told that list of possible problems might be long... from injectors, injector harness, fuel pump, fuel filter and so on... I have a leak on injector harness (but every single Volvo with VED engine has it) and since the truck and the engine have been washed few days ago code doesnt show up that often.

Now my question is:

If the bad injector is the problem truck would be shaking right? No shaking at all... What might be the problem with fuel consumption and engine code? Are those two things related?

Any ideas?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IUFAN87

IUFAN87 Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    I had the same code and symptoms on mine. The water separator fuel filter was clogged.

FAP Thanks this.
  4. Mommas_money_maker

Mommas_money_maker Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    Check out the lift pump (for fuel) as this is a common problem on that motor. It should be integrated with regular fuel pump on that motor. This can have an effect on MPG, Also make sure your sensors arent oil soaked.

FAP Thanks this.
  5. Mommas_money_maker

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    BTW if your AC is out of refrigerant (r-134) then you have a leak in the system somewhere most likely.

FAP Thanks this.
  6. shoand03cobra

shoand03cobra Bobtail Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Bowling Green, KY
    How do you check the lift pump?

7. FAP

FAP Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    well, the separator is replaced and seems like engine is running smoother and now we have another code : SID 266 out of calibration. Now, I have no idea what that might be...

8. Mommas_money_maker

Oct 2, 2011
    North Carolina
    On that motor will have to take it in as I have no idea. On a cummins with separate lift pump (in a volvo) when you turn on the key and dont start it you should be able to hear the little chug chug sound it makes, if not then prob not working

9. faxon

faxon Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2012
    louisville ky
    sid 266 meen EGR valve 2 D12D

10. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    the good advice to find faults is to do the cheap stuff first. change filters, check fuel intake, check fuel pressure limiting valve... before you change fuel pump

11. faxon

faxon Bobtail Member

Sep 27, 2012
    louisville ky
    SID 266 MEEN EGR valve 2 (D12D)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.