w900l cruise control on smart wheel not working

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by aktundratugger, Feb 11, 2012.

1. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    I love it when people get on here with very few post and want to complain about not getting much help.Most of the ones on here that do alot of BS answers have alot of post.And in alot of those post they have helped alot of peolple.But like talking to any friend in person,u do so much BS just to socialize.I respect alot of people on the board because of there knowledge and input.But thats just me,I'm fun to be around.:biggrin_25525:

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dino1968

Dino1968 Light Load Member

Well all funning aside, it could be your wheel, but since the jake's workin, it might be the safety switches. 1 is down by your clutch, 1 by your brake pedal, if either of those switches fails it will keep your cruise from setting itself on.

aktundratugger Thanks this.
  4. Spanky99

Spanky99 Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Burlington Iowa
    Mine had the same problem but it was with the trailer light interrupter and i had to take the switch of the we
    heel and replace it! It is more than likely a bad switch!

aktundratugger Thanks this.
  5. Steven Jones

Steven Jones Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015
    07 Pete??? Older than 03 is just JUNK .....;-)

6. Girlsplus1

Girlsplus1 Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2021
    I'm working on a 1997 w900 kenworth. I have a similar problem. When hooked up to the monitor the reader shows the switch turning on when I push the on switch on the steering wheel but it is only momentary and turns off when I let go. I can hear a relay or something in the dash clicking when I push the button so the button and the wiring is okay, at least I assume so. All the other switches are behaving normally. Anyone know how I can get the cruise control "on" switch to latch in the "on" position?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.