Wal-Mart could own millions in Back Pay

Discussion in 'Swift' started by blsqueak, Jun 15, 2015.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010
    I have never known of a government that could find so many ways in which to destroy jobs and push businesses to relocate or avoid doing business in their state like California. Truck drivers do not come under the Fair Labor Laws. Those drivers should be ashamed of themselves. They are already among the highest paid in the industry, yet they want to shake down their employer for even more. There is just so little real work ethic in this country. I should say ethics, period!!

double yellow and truckon Thank this.
  4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I am wondering that if this was just judges or a court that just has a hard on for Wal-Mart. Wonder if Costco might be next or if this gives more ammo for the port drivers

5. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Shakedown? Destroy jobs?? That's hilarious!! Let me wipe my tears away for the poor trucking company.

I've never seen an industry that screws over people as much as trucking (OTR) and EXPECTS you to work for free everyday while you perform Line4 activities.

Your resident states minimum wage is the very least you should be getting paid for non driving work related activities.

I'm glad Walmart lost. Maybe the rest of these companies, especially Swift, will start paying drivers for ALL they are expected to do while on Line4.

And while they're at it get rid of the HHG scam that screws drivers out of the miles they actually drive. Nothing more than a license to steal from drivers. Practical miles should be the industry standard, not this BS zip-to-zip crap.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  6. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I agree that we should be paid at least minimum wage for all of our line 4 time. Anything else is forcing us to work for free. However, at least for me anyway, that would average about an hour a day and even with that I would still try to keep my line 4 time to a minimum because most of our money is made by the mile.

As for practical vs hhg, I don't see that much difference really. If you talk to a driver from a company that pays practical, say Crete for example, they don't average any more miles than we do. So either they don't have the freight that we do, their loads are shorter, or there really isn't any difference.

HousTank Thanks this.
  7. HousTank

HousTank Medium Load Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I hear what you're saying.
    I'm running at or above 3K miles a week and I track paid vs door-to-door and it adds up to usually shorting me 300-500 miles a week. On the load I just finished for example, paid was 710 and actual was 788. In big cities it's worse because of huge zip code areas.

Some days I'll bump docks 3 times with all the mandatory logging. It all adds up over time.

8. maxya1986

maxya1986 Light Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    That's a good news, the more Walmart will have to spend on their own trucks the more loads they will outsource to us, to cut their expenses!!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  9. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I like this kind of thinking ! BTW , all you kitties who plan on quitting when a camera comes to your truck , THANK YOU . More freight for me . Unfortunately , most of you are all yack and no shack and you'll roll over and take it just like you do for mandatory , random drug testing .

HousTank and blsqueak Thank this.
  10. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana

Well this kitten just gave 2 week notice... Also on side note t They will be starting OTR trucks in about 2 to 3 months they have already finished with Walmart all the dedicated drivers and the majority of the central trucks..

11. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Walmart will likely appeal the ruling

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.