Walmart truck driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Claysapparel, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Claysapparel

Claysapparel Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Walmart could someday be a goal of mine, and I was wondering if the stories I've heard of just how hard it is to get in with them is true. Is it really one of the, if not the, best jobs to obtain? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    For a company driver, I think it's about the best thing going.
    Mileage pay, stop pay, live load/unload pay (get paid to watch someone else do the work), sleeper berth pay (yes, get paid to sleep in the truck), bonuses, etc.

WallyWife and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

It's not nearly as hard as it used to be, speaking to some drivers and former drivers.

Claysapparel Thanks this.
  5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    All depends on D.C. Location your trying to work out of

6. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Keep a good work record,good MVR and good safety then you'll get hired.

7. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    It has been a while since I have been in a Walmart DC but last I heard those Walmart driving Jobs are getting as rare as a 16 year old virgin or an honest politician. It is simply cheaper for them to contract out those jobs to companies like Schneider Werner and Swift.

8. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    They are constantly advertising for drivers, I hear it multiple times daily. Usually when someone advertises that much one of two things is going on. Their standards are so ridiculously high few can qualify, or, they can't retain enough drivers.

They have some pretty stringent rules, for example, I was told you have to give them access to your cell phone records so they can monitor your usage. No calls when you are driving, hands free or otherwise. Also I believe they have the driver facing cameras.

They pay well, but there is a trade off.

Rusty Trawler and Claysapparel Thank this.
  9. Jonny1

Jonny1 Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    I too hear those ads on XM, when you go to their website they are only looking in a couple cities at most??? I just looked only "LEWISTON, ME" is listed. Very strange.

koolaide92 and KMac Thank this.
  10. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    wallmart advertises all the time on sirus sat radio....Im almost tempted to move to the states..lol..$70,000 a yr aint bad for a company driver who gets his resets at home and home weekly yadda yadda yadda..

Blindmman Thanks this.
  11. Claysapparel

Claysapparel Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2016
    For me it's west Tennessee. Not sure how far I'm allowed to live away from where they are hiring. New to the whole process.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.