Walmart women drivers???

Discussion in 'Wal-Mart' started by Ladytrucker02, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Ladytrucker02

Ladytrucker02 Bobtail Member

Sep 8, 2016
    how does WM treat their lady drivers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    The same as they treat their male drivers

Cottonmouth85 and Ladytrucker02 Thank this.
  4. Ladytrucker02

Sep 8, 2016
    Just haven't seen that many ladies in the south; I suppose not a lot women apply to WM?

5. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    Not a lot of woman apply to trucking in general

Cottonmouth85 and ethos Thank this.
  6. Ladytrucker02

Sep 8, 2016
    Also, a lot of back and forth on here about the old and new "private fleet" ways....Other than the money, it doesn't seem a lot of drivers are happy driving for them.

QuietStorm and Driverinwhite Thank this.
  7. Ladytrucker02

Sep 8, 2016
    You're right. Most I see are teaming with the husband/boyfriend

8. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I don't think there is a gender barrier anywhere anymore. Women have more than proven themselves, and if anybody discriminated against you for being a woman, I'd tell them to cram it with walnuts. You wouldn't want to work for someone like that anyway. My ex-gf, whom I'm still friends with, has been a trucker since the 80's. She has stories from early in her career, that would leave you speechless. The abuse she took from her male counter parts, can't be mentioned here. But she stayed with it, got a local T/T job from some good people, that didn't care if she was a woman, and she's been with them almost 20 years. I'd bet Walmart is a good company that way. They have to be today. Best of luck.

Heathar Thanks this.
  9. noninetofive

noninetofive Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Hiram Ga
    I'd just like to add my 2 cents. There are 3 or 4 women drivers at my DC. And there are several others within our region, with 4 being hired in the last 2 yrs or so. They are treated like every other Walmart driver, very well. As far as the "old private fleet vs the new" I'd say that while things have changed, they have stayed the same. We have adapted to new store concepts, more online freight, etc. Every job has guys who think the grass is greener. But if you go to other fourms here on the site, like the Walmart here I come posts, you'll see the majority are positive, helpful drivers giving back to those who want to join the private fleet. A lot of drivers bash Walmart, but I can give you first hand knowledge - 29 yrs behind the wheel, 16 as an owner operator, and it's the best job I've ever had. Couldn't treat myself this well when I had my own.

10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I don't bash WM drivers. Fact is, from my experience, they are some of the most courteous drivers on the road. They have to be with that " rolling billboard" they are pulling. It always upsets me when I see a WM truck in a crash, as I know there was probably nothing the driver could have done to avoid it. And let's not even start with the Tracy Morgan thing again. That was unfortunate for everyone in that deal.

drozzer69 and noninetofive Thank this.
  11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I can't see Wal-Mart doing otherwise, or even tolerating anything of the sort.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.