Want to avoid getting burned by a lease-purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    It's a very small percentage of people that succeed in a lease, if 1 out of 100 people survived being shot in the head? Would you volunteer to try and see if you'd be one of the lucky ones ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Wanted yo add? Many have finished a lease, but most never ended up keeping the truck due to a huge ballon note they followed the lease, I for one don't consider that a success,

4. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Was just looking yesterday, the company I'm with has under 300 trucks, including all the outright owner operators and all the lease purchase guys, 26 L/P operators paid off their trucks last year ( there is no balloon ). Kinda screws up your theory, Sorry.

5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    What company is this?

6. DrFlush

DrFlush Road Train Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Upstate NY
    Sammons, and it wound up being 27 last year and another already this year

7. phillipreich

phillipreich Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Olympia, Wa
    I will totally agree with DrFlush.. I have never heard anything bad about Sammons.. NO, I do not work for them.. I cant, the ex wife really screwed me over on child support. They will not let you lease if you owe back child support.. but if it wasnt for this.. I would be there tomorrow.

professional flatbed company driver since Aug.1996

8. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Never said it was impossible, but the numbers for leases are far greater than how many Sammons have, using the total number of leases out there, it's still a very small percentage, there are literally dozens of companies that lease trucks, if you put them all together and added how many finished the lease and ended up owning the truck , it be less than 1 percent

9. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    If Sammons has a honest deal, that's great, but I wouldn't take anyone's word on it, I would have to see the paper work on the claims of finished leases and what exactly the trucks are and what they ended up paying for them, what their average income ended up being (after taxed)

10. phillipreich

phillipreich Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Olympia, Wa
    understood.. I wasn't trying to start an argument .

11. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    LOL, actually my comment was for Drflush, saying my theory is wrong, But I'm not angry with anyone

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.