Want to avoid getting burned by a lease-purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    I am going to Bruegner in a few weeks. I am going to the Quality yard here in Fontana and see what they have here on the lot before I make the trip to Indy.

gjcarr03 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Wait a second. You spent two days or more debating with me on the virtues of lease purchase, and you haven't even gotten your first settlement check as a lease purchase operator?!

That's just hysterically funny.

Lowtide, truckon and jhudsonred Thank this.
  4. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    You should have access to all maintenance records, No you cannot broker your own loads under a company lease purchase, only authorized repairs, accessories can be added, and yes they say 1 dollar buyout. It all sounds good, and looks good on paper, but in reality it is a fantasy.

5. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Yes i can broker my own loads off the spot market, i have access to the maintenance records, it's a brand new truck, it's my responsibility, I'm allowed to add any accessories so long as i don't make permanent changes to the truck. Any repairs needed, if warranty take it to a dealer and it'll be fixed, if not under warranty, it comes from my maintenance account, and it is a dollar buyout, it's right there in my contact.

Again it's not a company lease purchase, it's a third party lease similar to lone mountain, only i didn't have a down payment, and my payments are a little higher.

6. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    A bit of thread necro here, sorry in advance.

Most people agree renting furniture isn't a smart move financially. Most people agree pay-day loans aren't a smart move financially. Yet, these businesses thrive, off the desperation and ignorance of their customers. The vast majority of Lease (Fleece)/Purchase agreements (for trucks, or automobiles for that matter) are in the same strata of business.

That's like saying people buy crack, so is it bad to be a drug dealer? YES!

[/rant]

truckon Thanks this.
  7. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    @Straight Stacks has a lot of experience in the fleece business, I'm sure he can answer a lot of questions and concerns

truckon and Straight Stacks Thank this.
  8. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    :occasion5:
    Don't read the fine print. Sell your home and divorce your wife in advance. My two cents. Thank you my friend for the invitation to this pathetic thread.

truckon, spyder7723 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  9. Jourayce

Jourayce Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2015
    Mississippi
    Exactly I leased purchased 3 months into starting my career and I am truly glad I did.

10. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I do not believe i'd ever do another lease purchase. I'd look into buying a truck outright, or financing it. This way i would have no worries about them pulling it out from under me, and leaving me stranded somewhere. I also like the idea, due to it is my truck, and if i needed to change companies, or such. I know i have a way to get home, to sleep, and to get to another company. I have not done lease purchases for every company, but the ones i have. Seems they are just looking for drivers to pay for their trucks, and operating cost. Melton Truck Lines was the best of the three lease purchases i did. Every two weeks paychecks were 600-1300 after expenses. Hard work as M.T.L stands for Must Tarp all Loads. I did see where they treated the driver/lease operator good, and they made money. I leased a brand new truck also, w warranty

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    That's horrible pay every two weeks. Besides Melton what are the two other companies?

truckon Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.