Want to override qualcomm on Idle time

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Harley Mike, Aug 9, 2009.

1. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Fuel mileage is not calculated off the tank...... it's calculated off the ECM flow. What I found to beat the warm up and cool down time is to log out or not log in.......

So I'm saying when it's beddie bye time , hit line 2 and log out. The idle time will not be charged to you. This works for my extended idle warm ups...... and after I warm up I log in and back date the clock in time.

They will see the edits ( goes against your score ) and they will see the idle if they look but no alarms should go off.

Try it and see ......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX
    and anti-idle idiots are part of my hesitation to get into trucking.

I will be ###### if I have to freeze or sweat my butt off while trying to sleep.

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    They might be an issue, but the ones that really are bad are the companies themselves with their policies.

5. xxpigxx

xxpigxx Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2008
    Harlingen, TX

That is what I am talking about ;)

Soory if I was unclear

6. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    This is the reason when you call to interview THE COMPANY one of the first questions you ask after CPM, miles, insurance, slip seat and home time is their idle policy and if they have an APU if you have to do areas with anti idle laws. Do they pay the idle ticket? Idle Aire is no more. It's gone so that is not an option and another question is do they pay for motel rooms when you do have to go to these areas! If they don't pay for a room or don't let you idle at all the best thing you can do is tell them thank you and hang the hello up!

I don't blame you! It's against the law in most of the country to leave a dog in a car in hot weather but not a human! I would not sleep with my windows open so some lowlife moron can have easy access to me while I'm sleeping! Or to smell that urine cooking off of a hot parking lot!

As to freezing my arse off, yeah I can buy some sub zero sleeping bag and feel like I'm wrapped up but they can KMA on that also! That truck is freaking cold when you wake up the truck might not start and I'll be darned if I'll sleep in my clothes in that bag. I also don't want my jewels freezing solid while I get dressed! I wasn't much on camping in the winter, I didn't like to bivouac while in the Army in cold weather so why would I want to do it for a job??

If more drivers doing the phone interview would just tell them no when you ask about the APU on a truck and their negative answer to paying an idling ticket, no to a motel then they might get it figured out that they are running out of trucks on the road and rethink the APU or idle policy and even stop delivering to the areas with anti idle laws!

But do what you need to do and drive for these BFI's especially when the owner or CEO, CFO, managers and safety people work in nice comfortable buildings and go home and sleep nice and content while the people bringing in the money sweat and freeze their arses off for a piddling 32 cents a mile!

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Well said Rollover........ I told a major tank line I WOULD NOT RIDE A GREYHOUND to Tennessee for orientation and team home..... and withdrew my application. He called back and offered to fly me both ways....... sorry Charlie, you snooze, you loose having accepted my current position.

8. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Greyhound? Is that like at the race tracks? ROFLMAO! Yeah I did them once! Never again! It seems like those that come from say the east or west coast to this area everyone has already started sweating, the butt smell and the cigarette smoke is starting to get rank and then you're letting someone else drive! I don't do teams and I'd rather drive but on a bus? That's hard as hello to do as back seat driving I do really well!

I'll drive my own or fly but I'd rather drive or ride mine to orientation!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.