War Horse Brokerage, LLC

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Ben Grinev, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Ben Grinev

Ben Grinev Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2016
    So back in November before thanksgiving we decided to give flatbedding a try. We were new to rates, dry areas, etc. So we went out to WY and from WY went to Albq., NM. I didn't know how bad it was there. I was trying to get the guy back for Thanksgiving and after three days of sitting we found a load about 200-300 miles out that was going for a decent rate back home to Portland. I was about to take any rate just to cover fuel expenses. So I gave him my offer and he accepted it (it was a partial but was paying as a full load) so we sign the carrier packet and I'm waiting on the confirmation, not received. He told me to wait as the customer has not replied. I don't remember how long it was but he emails me saying that he found someone cheaper and asked if I can do $2000, (I think i was getting $2400 for it, again I never got confirmation and its been awhile). I call him and he then says customer is cancelling the load completely but it might come back cause they really don't know. From my point, the broker just found someone cheaper and kept the $400 to himself and lied to me about the customer canceling, hope someone else runs into him and the carrier does worse to him.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    He did...and it happens. Just make notes and literally stick them on your desk so you don't forget! Same thing for people that you have to call or resubmit BOL's for payment.

4. Ben Grinev

Ben Grinev Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2016
    Funny part is that he is the CEO of the company....

5. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    CEO of what though? Ha.

I am CEO of me and my truck.

Ben Grinev, Ruthless and gokiddogo Thank this.
  6. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Probably a one man show. Be careful of these people. They have already made a spectacularly horrible decision in creating their own 3PL and that was for all the marbles. You have to ask yourself what kind of broker is willing to live with the insane difficulty of finding trucks for the first couple of years...

There are two answers to this:
    1) Guys who do 20M+ in annual revenue and have a stable of carriers who they already use and who already trust them... and for good reason. This is how most freight brokerages you deal with started. These people do this because it allows them to create a company that they can hopefully sell someday. You also occasionally see financial people (accounting/banking/finance) entering the brokerage business with the intention of servicing existing broker agents. Not a super common thing, but it does happen. The latter ones tend to have new MC's but ridiculously fast payment terms. These people don't need to have the value of a good credit rating explained to them, and they are usually actively trying to manipulate theirs to look as attractive as possible.

2) They don't know any better or don't care. The good reason to do this is that you're a moron or you don't plan on paying people.

Ben Grinev Thanks this.
  7. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    None of what I said in the last post applies to any brokerage that has good credit and has been around for a few years. Just because someone makes one bad business decision doesn't mean it stays bad forever. New authorities in this business (carrier AND broker) unfortunately have to be viewed with a lot of suspicion. There are just too many re-tread idiots who lost the last version of the company doing stupid/evil things.

Ben Grinev and Mattflat362 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.