Warning Ticket in the state of Washington

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by ChipnChair, May 21, 2015.

1. ChipnChair

ChipnChair Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Nomad, Na
    I just recieved a warning ticket for 'failure to obey control device'. I told the officer I did not see the road side sign asking all trucks pull into the rest area because I was passing a semi on a hill. He understood and wrote me a warning on a Driver/Vehicle Examination Report. So the question is, will this be seen by anyone doing an inquiry or is this maintained just on the STATES data base?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    In other words - he screwed you.

If he really WANTED to do you a favor, he would of wrote you a "STATE WARNING" which in result - you do not get a driver/vehicle inspection report.

Now you just gained 15 points on your CSA and added 15 points on your companys record.

ChipnChair Thanks this.
  4. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Got to watch it when DOT is doing the rest area stings. NY does that all the time, they usually put 3 or more sets of signs before the ramp, and if any one blows by, they get a bunch of super troopers on their tail. More than likely it will show up on your PSP report, and possibly your MVR depending on what state your license is from.

ChipnChair Thanks this.
  5. ChipnChair

ChipnChair Light Load Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Nomad, Na
    Washington State Patrol wrote the inspection and issued the warning. Plan on calling them in the morning. He knew it was not intentional but I get the feeling I am getting screwed.

6. osokusmc

osokusmc Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2011
    SD
    There's a special place for cops, especially ones like that. That's why cops get such fancy funerals, because that's it, that's all they get, it's all down from there.

7. JJKid

JJKid Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL
    It's over my friend. There's no way in hell that warning is getting removed. Like my company once told us in our safety meeting (every 3 months) - If you are going to get any traffic related violation on an inspection, INSIST on asking for a ticket because you can get it either dismissed or amended 98% of the time and it can be filed in DATAQ which results in being dismissed from your CSA record or changed to a 1 point violation.

8. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    warning tickets are the same on a carriers record as well as fordrivers on CSA

9. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    No such thing as a warning on CSA.. you now have a CSA unsafe driving violation.

JJKid Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.