Waste management minnesota

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by jlembie35, Jul 27, 2015.

1. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Any have any information regarding working conditions, starting pay, and benefits? I noticed they post a lot of help wanted adds.

enicolasy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. street beater

street beater Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    It depends on what barn your out of, what locations/job discriptions are you looking at? Whats your backround?

jlembie35 Thanks this.
  4. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    I would be looking to stay in the up part of the metro. I've got dump truck, redi mix, flatbed, otr, and ltl experience. I would probably apply for a roll off position but I don't really know anything about the garbage industry.

5. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    I did roll off for 7-8 of my years, would go back if i left my current company. I tryed side load, got motion sick from the herky jerky and looking backwards while driving forwards all day. Front load is hard work, hundrads of stops a day, many you have to push the cans out of garages, dump, then push back. The money is ok with the big green clean machine, (W/M) but lots of rules excc.. driver cams stuff like that. Depending on your needs i would say go for shamrock up in blaine. They run nice roll offs and they have framed and frameless end dumps, and transfer trucks. Lots of options to try something else. Top pay is somewhere around 22-24 (at least the last time i talked to a buddy over there, nitti or lightning up by hugo arnt bad. Premier if there hiring (i know one of the owners) stay away from violia, think there called advacned disposel now... le page and elite pay ####. Vight is ok, big construction business behind them...

jlembie35 Thanks this.
  6. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Have you heard anything in specific about shamrock? I thought someone said they paid pretty decent.

7. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    I have a few buddys that run roll off for them, i would aim for there if i ever left my current. They have nice trucks, good guys, they will work you, 50-60 in the busy season. Start round 6 run till done. The work isint all that hard but it is manual. Tarping loads, swinging doors, excc.. but they dont run any compators, so no garbage/cardbord clean up. Most other roll off companys run trash and recycling.

8. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Have you heard whether or not shamrock pays comparable wages to WM?

9. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    For roll off shamrock is in the low 20's give or take based on experiance and what you negotiate for a starting wage, i know a few WM boys, from what i gather you kinda get what you think your worth, one guy is getting better than 21 while the other is less than 18. Basicly as long as you have solid refrerances, and local experance you should be able to walk int o any roll off company and start between. 18 and 20, if you have semi experance, frameless would be best, you could probly. walk in around 21, but some shops pay way less. Pay isint the end all in roll off, quality of truck, expectations, location, type of loads (msw/demo/dirt/hazmat/hospital) along with expexted hours would change how much pay i would need for a certin shop.

10. street beater

Apr 18, 2014
    cold as hell, MN
    Of corse what they have for a raise program, and expected top end would matter. Also are they union. Atomic out of mpls is a union shop.

11. jlembie35

jlembie35 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.