Watkins Refrigerated Lakeland,FL

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Mullet_Head87, May 18, 2016.

1. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Going to Watkins refrigerated Monday to start with them as a Company driver not lease. Just wanted to see if anyone is currently driving for them now and want to know their opinion on the company as far as Average miles in a week, condition of trucks/trailers, do the trucks have opti/start function, dealing with dispatch and DM. Just FYI I drove for stevens transport for 2 years, just to set the bar of what I'm used to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Compared to stevens, you'll be in heaven now.

Good Luck.

Former safety harbor resident...........back when mcmullen booth was 2 lane.

Mullet_Head87 Thanks this.
  4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Good luck at Watkins, hope all goes well for you!

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Mullet_Head87 Thanks this.
  5. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Been there 4 years, good company

6. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    Good to hear positive feedback on Watkins, it was hard decision between them and oakley. Asked recruiter about opti/start & inverters on the trucks since they don't have apu's. Guess the person I should ask is you cause he had no idea what I was referring about. Truck I will be running with is a 2016 freightshaker Cascadia. Hoping newer models just come with that option.

7. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Don;t want to mislead you, I am an O/O, and I have a 2009 Volvo w/apu

8. LMB

LMB "Olde Goat"

Aug 12, 2007
    Rocky Point NC
    Would like to add this to my comments, first off I am not a recruiter, second, I have never collected a dime recommending anyone to drive for Watkins. This company has been more than fair to me, although they are not the highest paying, the attitude they have towards their drivers is nothing short of amazing. In 4 years I have never had a problem getting home, taking as much time off I needed. My situation is a lot different than other drivers, that I don't need to make $200,000.00 a year. I have basically retired and driving truck at the same time.

9. rocknroll81

rocknroll81 Road Train Member

Sep 29, 2010
    West Allis Wi.
    Have followed your posts for awhile and a few PM'S now going back to JCT, i know you have been through a lot and you are a honest straight shooter, wish I was in your situation being retired and driving truck.

10. TruckerNerd

TruckerNerd Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Sorry I just found your thread. On the company side no inverters or apu's. If they start you off the 2016 you can't add inverter it's a Ryder truck. Good luck with the driver camera. You should be able to take home $2000.00 bi-weekly before they start taking out benefits. Your smart for not leasing out the gate. Over all good company but don't think you'll be swimming in the dough either.

11. TruckerNerd

TruckerNerd Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Oh last I checked they don't really have a idle policy since no APU. When I was company I idled like crazy and no one complained.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.