Watkins Refrigerated (lease purchase)

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by jacolbyhud, Sep 11, 2015.

1. jacolbyhud

jacolbyhud Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I'm heading to orientation monday with Watkins and I wanted to no was there any others leasing with them. If so how do you like it and are you making good money.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I'm confused ... you're heading to orientation with the intention of leasing. But, yet you don't have a solid understanding of what your revenue/cost structure is going to be.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have presumed you nailed all this down, when you did your due diligence on the company?

producelove85, HalpinUout and itaff Thank this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes you took the words right out of my mouth dude however i do wish Jacol all the best, you are after all starting your own business, 90% of businesses fail in the first year so don't fret if it goes down hill if your in the top 10 % that succeed I'll take my hat off to you. :cool:

Colt seavers Thanks this.
  5. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
    I do not think you will have to worry about taking your hat off!

123456 Thanks this.
  6. itaff

itaff Medium Load Member

Nov 18, 2013
    What is there pay? Per mile, % and what is your cut if %? Do you get a fuel surcharge? Is it a walk away lease?

Do you know your #s? How much the lease, plates, permit, insurance will be every week? Do you know what your overhead at home is $$ a week? Do they offer insurance or can u get insurance that meets the AHCA minimum standards? What is your business plan? Is your truck pre emissions or post emission? If it is post what year, and what is the maintenance and escrow? You also may want to set an additional .20 cents a mile aside for EGR DPF FILTERS.. Just pray you don't get stuck with an international or Cummings ISX motor..

Don't forget we are coming into the last quarter of the year, and the 1st quarter is usually the slowest quarter for making income.

Best of luck.. But to be successful you better figure out the basics before going!!

RookieJ1987 Thanks this.
  7. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    What could possibly go wrong?

Colt seavers Thanks this.
  8. jacolbyhud

jacolbyhud Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    I guess my question sounds a lil stupid, I hav
    I have an idea of what my revenue/ cost structure is going to be, I really just wanted to no was the freight consistent. I can't really go off what my recruiter is telling me. I was told I would fly up to indianapolis to pick out a truck at quality after orientation so until I choose a truck I want no what my payments will be like.

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Sigh ... Bless yur heart ... good luck to ya.

ncmickey, 123456 and spyder7723 Thank this.
  10. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Love this thread

123456 and HalpinUout Thank this.
  11. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Oh for the love of God!!! Why even fart around? Just Lease straight out of the gate. They are supposed to be the best of the best....and there is no way possible you can fail. NONE! Go for it.

mountaingote, TruckDuo and HalpinUout Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.