Watkins Refrigerated (lease purchase)

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by jacolbyhud, Sep 11, 2015.

1. TruckerNerd

TruckerNerd Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    Well for better or worst I'm going to jump in into a lease phurchase & milege pay not how I wanted to start but I gotta start somewhere. My goal is to get a 2 year truck not quite brand new. Make atleast my company pay consistently and bank the rest. Rebuild my credit then reevaluate my situation. Hey Colt Seavers I may end up running into you ...who knows

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Colt seavers

Colt seavers Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Yeah you may im about to pull the trigger myself and im not really worried i think if i run and the truck holds up i should be fine. Best of luck to you and ill keep the post coming if i dont run into you in Indiana

TruckerNerd Thanks this.
  4. trucklyfe

trucklyfe Light Load Member

Nov 5, 2014
    Did u try this outfit?

5. trucklyfe

Nov 5, 2014
    Are you working for them is so update us

6. TruckerNerd

TruckerNerd Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    I'm still here I made the leap and I'm waiting to hit the bottom so I can start climbing back up. So far the only way to make it here is to keep your overhead as low as possible. Don't walk in here with a new truck payment your'll be in for a rude awaking.

7. trucklyfe

Nov 5, 2014
    What you mean brand new truck payment? Did you not do the lease deal? I was thinking about doing the lease thing until I can save up enough money to get my own truck hopefully withing six mths to a year, but if it's not worth it I'll stay where im at. I live in atlanta area and they offered a local at 68%. To me don't seem as if i could make money doing that unless they have a hell of alot of freight. Then when I look at running regional the pay per mile don't seem as if you can really make it with a lease payment either. That's why I'm reaching out because it's only a hand full of lease situations that really work and was wondering if this one was crack of could a man make it if they worked hard

8. trucklyfe

Nov 5, 2014
    How is are they treating you at watkins

9. Colt seavers

Colt seavers Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015
    Pretty good so far for their slow season if things get better as the freight picks up then this is looking like a solid decision.

10. trucklyfe

Nov 5, 2014
    I'm thinking about doing the atlanta local, do you know anything about it? Just trying to make the right decision before I sign for a lease payment? What do you think my expected net could be each week if I had a lease payment of say $500 a week

11. jacolbyhud

jacolbyhud Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2014
    The Atlanta local was pretty consistent when I did it bt freight is really slow at Watkins right now. If it picks up you could do well bt like the other guy said don't get an expensive truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.