Watkins Refrigerated (lease purchase)

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by jacolbyhud, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Colt seavers

Colt seavers Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2015

Jonkie Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerNerd

TruckerNerd Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Orlando, FL
    I'm glad to hear your still working hard getting closer to your goal. You have proven every driver has their own individual experience. And glad to know that I was right you can make money at this company. But a little sad that I wasn't able to do so. But such is life now I have to find a new company.

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Looking at this settlement, looks like you are only getting about $1/mi. I am here at Swift and my total tractor payment with all of the insurance and even pike/ez pass is only $723/wk, and this is for a 2016 T680. Am I missing something here. I am also on mileage and with my FSC, at $1.12/mi. Not much, but a 2800 mile week is great

Jonkie Thanks this.
  5. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    That's. A good deal . As long as you're happy . Swift has nice rides . Nine of ten haters of Swift or Prime or LP in general that drone on in these threads about how you're gonna die or go broke should really mind their own business . To each his own. At the end of the day we're all grinding gears out here at 3 am the same as the otter guy . LP is the new business model not only for the companies but for the drivers and the truck market as well . If you can show a successful track on LP it should be a springboard with outright purchasing , in my opinion . The one thing I don't like is they don't report to credit bureaus if you're on time , this would help some drivers out immensely

blsqueak Thanks this.
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    But I am leaving Swift within 2 weeks, going with A&A. Swift has changed policy on planning loads and right now, solo L/O are at the bottom of the food chain. We get what is left after the company trucks and trainers are planned.

Jonkie Thanks this.
  7. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    I was at A and A for 18 months you'll do well there

blsqueak Thanks this.
  8. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Depends on your definition of new ... When my dad had a single axle day cab in the '70s, he leased on with a company pulling doubles. They kept trying to push him into L/P on a new truck; so the payment would force him to run 6 days a weeks to make the same money he was making running 5 days with his paid off truck.

Jonkie Thanks this.
  10. Jrbaker3

Jrbaker3 Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2015
    Do you go through the augusta, ga area?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.