Watkins-Shepard Acquired by Schneider

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by 3031, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Smoke Break

Smoke Break Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2016
    I had my p.m. done at a Schneider terminal. They switch the oil and turned off the Bluetooth on the stereo. They did not turn down the speed. They did put new Steer tires on. when they gave me the truck back, one of the steers only had 40 PSI. So be sure to check their work

TruckerLawyerAid and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Turning off the Bluetooth is dirty. I use it to stream audio from my phone for audio books and music and from my laptop for movies when parked. You can't use the freightliner Bluetooth for calls anyways, because it just sucks so bad, nobody can hear you.

4. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Noticed they are buying us bring new trailers and making the trailer numbers as long as theirs lol. But at least they are white and have a big ole Watkins logo on them. Only way I have to deal with their maintenance is on trailers. And they take forever. They can't touch my truck lol At least until the Penske lease runs out in MS lol

5. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah the trailers are WS##### now. And they have a big ole "Schneider Jobs" sticker on the back. And those annoying ratchet type landing gear cranks. I wouldn't mind a new truck at this point. I have a '15 Freightliner with 275k. It was a team truck before me, and by some nasty f-ucks who can't clean their own s-hit. But it's starting to have sensor issues and mechanical problems. I'd rather get a new truck (not a volvo) than deal with the issues.

6. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    275k that's all lol. Mines a 14 Volvo with 375k on it. But they probably gonna have to pry it away from me. Gonna be real hard to give up my apu and inverter. Plus I really don't want one of the automatics. Lol
    Yeah I don't understand the Schneider jobs sticker on the trailers when Watkins is still doing their own hiring and I looked and none of the jobs are posted on Schneiders website. Kinda stupid on some bodies part lol

7. Smoke Break

Jun 26, 2016
    They are advertising that Watkins and Shepard is hiring on XM radio. They say to go to schneiderjobs.com

8. JoeyBowman

JoeyBowman Medium Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    NC
    They also send emails as Schneider

9. Smoke Break

Jun 26, 2016
    Yea. I got one saying that they wanted to hire me. I already drive for w&s. Lol

10. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    I looked the other day and there are no Watkins jobs Schneiders site. Unless they changed it. I get crap from Schneider all the time. I just delete it. Lol. I ask our terminal manager the other week about it because someone ask me about going to work to Watkins. He does the recruiting at the local school. And he still acted like they done their own thing. Idk what's up. No telling. To be honest. Idc as long as they leave me alone lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.