way to go trk. 3773

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by passingthru69, Dec 11, 2014.

1. CallOfTheWild

CallOfTheWild Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Exactly, there is a right way and a wrong way to do things. Its a shame that MOST of the time, people do the WRONG thing. Either out of ignorance or just plain being jackwads. Then those people wonder why they end up in the ditch.

I can say this though from experience. I have tried to contact O/S on the cb to let them know, and never got a response, so I just went around. I dont understand why O/S dont have their radios on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. generallee

generallee Medium Load Member

Jan 4, 2014
    I've found most of them do to communicate with their pilots. I would imagine some of them may be on a channel other than 19 tho. Unless they're communicating another way, say 2 way.
    I think it would be a good idea to be on the radio and on 19 to be able to communicate in this manner with other trucks or at least for other trucks to be able to listen in and have an idea what they may be doing up ahead. But with all the BS on 19 sometimes (losers pushing 5000 watts blasting their music and telling the world they don't have any panties on) interfering with their ability to communicate with the pilots( Most important communication), I can see why they would go to another channel or even 2 way. Perhaps a universal channel for OD/OS would be good but then how long before the BS spreads there as well.
    Very seldom do I go unanswered on 19 when I give them a heads up I'm coming around tho and it's usually always a simple thank you for the heads up.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
    catalinaflyer Thanks this.
  4. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    It's the new ELog mentality, I HAVE to hurry so I don't run out of time.

5. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    It'd be great if they took a more in depth Elog class at the megas. I've seen these goof balls racing around parking lots wondering what the hey. The few that have a CB say they're out of hours. It's like they don't know the small tips and trips to creep on off duty. Or at least think about shutting down before they have three minutes left...

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well if you see us with a pilot car or two we are mostly on another channel.
    Main reason so we can hear each other,if running a high pole we need to know if they cleared the over pass or not.
    Me I run two radios. One on 19 and have it on low volume. The other on the channel I'm using with my pilot car.
    Or if running with another one of our guys...

catalinaflyer Thanks this.
  7. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Ive thought about running two radios. Are they mounted right by each other. Do you have any issues?

8. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    Just like Passingthru69, if you come upon me with my pilots we are not on 19, we don't need to hear from the driver in the dry van and all the oversize loads he's hauled or the jackwad who forgot his panties again.

Most of my regular lead pilots run two radio's, one on our channel and the other on 19. In the case of my lead car not having two then I run a second but not trying to be an arse, I'm not going to visit about the load or anything else. If you want to visit we will tell you where we're stopping for the night and would be happy to visit at that time. Same for the guys that hunt us down on the off channel and start a conversation, don't take it the wrong way but when Saddlesore, myself and most other specialty drivers have an oversize on 99% of the time it's valued in the 10's of millions of dollars and casual conversation is not what we're focused on. Much the same reason for not running 19, we are responsible for our freight and the safety of every vehicle/person we encounter. If we decapitate a family because we didn't hear our pilot we have to live with that and if we damage the freight on an electric Indian then we have to live on unemployment. It's not a game, I'll sit and visit till the sun comes up but when I'm moving I'm not visiting.

passingthru69 Thanks this.
  9. catalinaflyer

catalinaflyer Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    One in the overhead, another in a jockey box. As for problems, that's 110% dependent on the quality of your antennas and their installation, high SWR's and your going to have terrible feedback. Tune your antenna's to as near 1.0 on a real SWR meter and keep them away from each other then you'll be fine.

10. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Well said. Lol, my last radio broke and the second I bought another radio and turned it on after getting it all hooked up the very same jackwad keys up, "I don't have any panties on." I just shook my head. I hate driving without a cb, for those few instances their useful and fun, but most days it's just squelching out the #######.

11. icsheeple

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Hmm guess you can't say #######, mentally handicapped steering wheel holders then.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.