WB I10 near Palm Springs 11 Dead Tour Bus versus Truck

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by UsualSuspect, Oct 23, 2016.

1. SAdriver

SAdriver Light Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    San Antonio, TX
    @Dave_in_AZ

It wasnt a mega that slammed into my moms mini van at 45mph while she was stopped at a red light.

Stop obfuscating and accept the fact that you are willfully prejudicial and thetefore wrong.

Longarm, ethos, Lepton1 and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    If a Swift truck hits and kills a loved one of mine then of course I'll feel differently. But you should never base a policy on a panicked husband/father's emotional reasonings. That is why the argument of "well, if it was your kid you would agree with torture!", is so very bad.

My analogy about money was actually spot on because you said the mega's put money ahead of peoples lives. My point, so do you. The proposed guilt trip was on your side. You didn't touch my national speed limit of 10 mph, if you are such a strong safety advocate who believes in lives above all then can I get an endorsement?

You guys who hate Mega's with so much zeal amaze me. It's like you can't possibly understand the economics of trucking or something. There is simply no way the economy can move without the Mega's. If you want them shut down then you will kill even more people with lost products, such as medicine. It's so utopian to believe that every trucker can drive for some saintly Mom and Pop outfit.

I use to train for Schneider and it always amazed me that they could stay in business. Some good drivers sure, but a lot of really stupid people. They could drive, do the basics but no free thought. Now you might say, "pay them more, that will solve the quality problem." Okay, with what margins would you like that pay to come from? The entire industry would have to raise their rates altogether and without a law from Congress that would be illegal.

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Your thought on money is whacked. And I rebuffed your out in space claim with the best philosophy there is.
    I perform a deed I am compensated. It's calculated risk. It's not putting money before safety.

Now I want you to show me anywhere that I have posted the mega's should be shut down.

Now please show me where I have said anything different.

I want the mega's to be held accountable for their ka sara sara attitude.

I've not the foggiest idea what this means so you need to elaborate on it for me.

I've never had an accident in 11 years trucking. Only ever had one 35 years ago when I was 16 when I got drunk and hit a cattle guard and tore the entire rear axle out of the old mans '77 Monte Carlo. And when a drunk Marine Corps major hit me head on with his Cadillac when I was on my bike outside of Miramar.

So I have no problem with speed. It's not speed that causes the clowns to crash. It's having their heads fully inserted into their rectums while they are driving that does it.

On another thread people put Swift's losses just for their equipment at 300 to 400 million dollars for the last two years. Tack on cargo, legal fees, labor in the firm to process all that stuff. Now tack on the number for all the damage they have inflicted on their innocent victims. Lets just make it easy and double that number to 600 to 800 million.
    At 25,000 drivers that's an extra $12,000 year, per driver. At the low end.

Please list your next round of questions, and please explain the child torture thing, cause I'm really lost on that one.

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I think you are just arguing to argue. There has to be a level of reasonableness in a debate and sadly this one doesn't have it.

Longarm and Pedigreed Bulldog Thank this.
  6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Screw it. I give up. I'm so out of this thread.

Longarm, Lepton1 and ethos Thank this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    OK I'm asking you logical questions in a civil manner. I'm refuting your questions in a reasonable manner, and asking you to explain yourself in a manner in which I can understand, I'm not following what part is unreasonable.
    I answered your questions, and listed reference. Any of the photos I've posted, weren't taken by me. and came from credible sources. The quotes from other people are the same.

What part is not reasonable?

8. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    Nothing, you were correct about it all.

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  9. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Check your emotions at the door. Yes, you can find pictures of Swift trucks wrecked. There are 25,000+ of them on the road, so statistically speaking, it shouldn't be difficult for you to do so. There are much smaller companies who have much higher per-truck crash rates...but you don't rail against them with the same passion because they aren't as "in your face" visible as they would be with 25,000+ trucks.

The points you try to make are ridiculous and simply don't hold water when simple logic is applied. They may sound great in your head, but that's the problem with being emotionally attached to a point of view. It really isn't much different than arguing with a woman...no amount of logic, common sense, or simple facts will change her mind because she's emotionally attached to whatever position she has taken. This is why Ethos and Big Don have backed out, and why I'm done too after I make this post. It isn't because you've convinced anyone that you're right...just that it's pointless and a waste of time showing you where you're wrong.

SAdriver Thanks this.
  10. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    Reason for edit: R.I.P.
    Lepton1 and tucker Thank this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    So, how about them Cubs??? Lmao

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.