Weapon Policy

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by wspeel8, Feb 11, 2016.

1. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    with my home state ccw permit I can carry in 38 states
    and if Mikes Law passes cdl holds with permits will have National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Both. Most of the united states have reciprocity agreements with each other. I think it's 37 states, but would have to look to verify that. What that means is other states will honor my concealed carry permit. If i have to travel through a state that is not on the reciprocity list. I stop and put in in my trailer side box, in a small lock box, with the ammo in the other side box. I don't believe the need to be separate like that, but i do it any way. I figure i'm less likely to get harrassed by jersey police if i go above and beyond what is required for transport thru.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    oldtrucker66 and flood Thank this.
  4. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2016
    As a Tx CHL holder I see it this way.... My company has a no weapons on the truck policy, just about every shipper or receiver I go to has a no weapons on premises policy. Not to mention I drive through states that are not civilized and don't have a reciprocity agreement with Texas. So if I violate company policy and get fired my DAC is toast, if I get banned from a shipper or receiver Then I get fired and my DAC is toast. But if I get caught in LA or NYC or God help me Chicago I also have the pleasure of going to jail and then not being able to work because my DAC is toast..... So I follow policy....when I am at work.

5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I have an LTC in Texas also, and I always carried when I was OTR. Only place I was searched regularly was the I35 border checkpoint north of Laredo, dogs are trained to alert on gunpowder as well. I tried to follow the laws, actually ran my 1911 with 9 round magazines to keep it legal in California. Chance of getting arrested? Only if you use it, but chance of getting convicted is nearly zero. I've had officers and attorneys tell me "That truck is your house, and the 2nd amendment protects your right to possess a weapon". Most weapon charges are accessory charges, they are meant to magnify other criminal offenses. You rob a store with an illegal firearm, you just earned 2 felonies rather than 1. Most DA's wouldn't touch a case where the firearm's only purpose is to protect you from imminent bodily harm. I'd rather pay 10k for a constitutional attorney, than bleed out in a parking lot from a crackhead stabbing me for my wallet.

Weeezerd, TexasMike and flood Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.