Webasto Blue Cool Truck

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by D16, Aug 16, 2007.

1. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Old thread but anyways sounds like it's working normal. I had one of these Webasto Blue Cool units when they first came out several years ago in a company truck. Piece of crap. You can stay marginally comfortable for about 4 hours (give or take) in the summer time with the unit. There are a few things you must do in order for it to work better. The system re-charges as you are driving down the highway and takes a good 10 hours driving to fully charge up so you'll allegedly have 10 hours of comfort time sleeping. While you're driving that 10 hours you must keep the sleeper curtains closed and seal off the bunk from the cab. You also should turn the bunk AC fan on high andf set the temp as cold as possible. It'll be like an icebox when you climb in the bunk and go to bed - make sure to close the bunk curtain behind you. What the unit does is recirculate that cool air. If it supposed to create it's own cool air it always did a poor job imo. I always ended up idling the truck to stay comfortable. If you have a top bunk you might even try closing it off by letting that down and hanging a sheet over the side to where your bunk area is "sealed off" and the unit is only recirc'ing air for that small area you sleep in. Yeah if you don't these things the unit is pretty worthless and ike I said only works marginally well for a few hours even doing that. If you're in 90-100* weather you can pretty much figure that half your 10 hour break or more is going to be idle time to stay comfy.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grindem

Grindem Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2011
    pilot point,Texas
    Hey Rollin Coal.
    You said that Houston seemed to do better for hot shots
    and that it's a tall order to make a living in the hot shot biz off of load boards.
    Were you being sarcastic about Houston or being factual ?

4. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    You could have answered in that thread lol. It was sarcasm. Off ITS Houston had about 20 or so loads. From the looks of it just backhaul stuff and sucker em in rates to deadzones. Everywhere else in the country I checked had 1 or 2 loads maybe and some places I figured would have some hotshot freight had ZERO available loads. The big players apparently have all the good stuff locked up no shortage of trucks/drivers. Or maybe when I checked it was just a dead time of the season. But wow, if that is dead that is really bad and even when big truck freight is dead in one part of the country it's always hot somewhere else. Hotshot is one vast sea of nothingness from what I could tell off ITS. You want to hotshot you better have some good direct to keep you busy or you are going down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.