Weird cdl endorsement question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Ds15ny, May 23, 2016.

1. Ds15ny

Ds15ny Bobtail Member

May 23, 2016
    A few weeks ago I went to take the cdl general knowledge test and the air brakes endorsement. I failed the general knowledge but I passed the air brakes test.

Today I went to a different dmv office and passed the general knowledge. My question is will the air brakes endorsement show up on the permit that will be mailed to my house because it's not on the interim permit. Thanks in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
  4. Ds15ny

Ds15ny Bobtail Member

May 23, 2016
  5. Crazytrucker77

Crazytrucker77 Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Grants Pass, OR
    I would call the dmv and ask. At least if you have someone on the phone you can advise them that you took and passed the test at another location.

Ds15ny Thanks this.
  6. MzBigTruckz

MzBigTruckz Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2016
    I took mine at different locations. All info in the DMV offices are linked to one another. I received my permit the same day (after passing the air breaks one day and the general knowledge the next day at a different location). No permit was mailed. It's just a piece of paper stating the permit info..

Ds15ny Thanks this.
  7. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Air brakes don't show as an endorsement at least not in missouri or colorado , if you don't take the air brake portion of the test you actually get a restriction so as long as there isn't an air brake restriction on your license you are good to go

8. lfod14

lfod14 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Airbrakes isn't an endorcement, it's a restriction. If you passed the test your fine.

MrEd Thanks this.
  9. Bob Dobalina

Bob Dobalina Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2015
    The "Buckeye"
    Don't forget the "Combinations" test if you plan on Class A. Otherwise, your permit won't be good for training in a tractor-trailer.

MrEd and TequilaSunrise Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.