Weird problem!

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Jason3314, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Jason3314

Jason3314 Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2015
    okay so I have a Freightliner 2012 114 SD. I'm having issues when the truck & key is in off with the door open (park brake ON)the four ways flash until the door close. With the key on acc, or with the truck running, the four ways are flashing as well, with the parking brake on or off. also to note the truck has that safety feature when you leave the park brake off and try to get out the flashers go on and the horn beeps. I tried doing this and the horn doesn't beep anymore. So I'm guessin that the horn for that is not working

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RockyMtnKw

RockyMtnKw Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2015
    I see your problem...
    2012 freightliner....
    Best of luck

HoneyBadger67 Thanks this.
  4. AFP

AFP Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2015
    My guess would be to check your grounds, check the connections and reflash the ECM. If you had a delete, then you'd have to take it back to the shop that did it, and have them completely delete the ECM program, and reload their program.
    Re-writing data in the little chips is sort of like writing on a piece of paper, erasing what you just wrote with the crappy pink eraser on the back of the pencil, and write over it. There can be a bit of what you erased still present, and in computers that causes weird problems.
    You also just might have a bad ECM.
    Technological products are made in "batches", the best ones cost the most, the worst ones cost the least. Like in LCD TV's, cheap ones will have more "dead pixels" than the premium TV'S which have few or none. It sucks if you're ECM is going bad early. What have you tried to fix the problem so far?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.