Weller reman transmissions?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by sparky88, Sep 3, 2015.

1. sparky88

sparky88 Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    oswego, ny
    Just curious to find out if anyone has been having problems with weller reman transmissions? A week left on the warranty on my 15 speed and a shaft inside snapped while I was in gear pulling an 8% grade hill and they deemed it user abuse. Which whatever that's fine. I get it swapped out for a deep reduction 18 which is supposed to be the toughest they build. 2 weeks in it starts leaking fluid from a seal. Get that all done and today it starts clunking like something fell apart inside and was spinning around. Makes me think quality isn't there or something. Just a little mad. Lost loads while the first one was replaced and now again while this one is checked out. And I know that's the joys of being an o/o but it still doesn't sit well at all

Jerry12 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
  4. gunner76

gunner76 Medium Load Member

Mar 11, 2010
    IA
    I've had experiences with two weller remans and I wasn't impressed. I never had any mechanical failures but both units leaked out of almost every seal after a month of driving and even after having them fixed a couple of times they started leaking again shortly after.

If I was going to do it over I would've spent the extra money for an Eaton reman.

sparky88 Thanks this.
  5. SpeedRacer

SpeedRacer Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2007
    Tifton, Ga
    So far no problems with mine, don't have a lot of miles on it yet though.

6. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Weller is a company that remans transmissions not a brand of transmission.

7. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    how about authorized by eaton to rebuild their trannys...(humph) that will leave whom...? (its a small list)

myself, i'll eagerly await ur response. that is if you decide to research that point.

sparky88 Thanks this.
  8. Jerry12

Jerry12 Heavy Load Member

Sep 9, 2014
    I purchased my remaned tranny 11 mos ago. cannibalized the electronics off the old unit...eh, so far...its working

9. swaan

swaan Road Train Member

Jul 12, 2009
    BC canada
    I would just get an exchange reman thru Eaton. Any dealer can order one in .

Oxbow and Ruthless Thank this.
  10. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Jerry12: I know nothing about Weller Transmissions but your post caught my eye and I have a question for you. Cummins used to have a Now 1,2, or 3 warranty program. Inframe with a 1YR 100,000, 2nd and 3rd respectfully. As long as an authorized Cummins dealer, could be any truck dealer etc., did the work and you had your warranty certificate they would repair less towing, oil, filters, etc. Anyone that was an authorized dealer was supposed to honer this warranty through Cummins. Is this a similar type program?

11. lots of character

lots of character Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Power train, trans axle, valley truck, Pacific truck and Anderson brothers.

AND no, my dick is not bigger then yours, if that's a point you were trying to smother.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.