Werner and apu's ?

Discussion in 'Werner' started by k1221n2, Jul 12, 2015.

1. k1221n2

k1221n2 Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2014
    Does Werner have apu's on they're trucks?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    For the most part.. No, werner does not put APUs in their trucks... the only ones that get APUs are the Million Miler trucks... they use to put them in for drivers on Cpaps.. but, there is new Cpap equipment that doesnt require the truck to have an APU.... so, there may still be a few older trucks with an APU...

Also, werner does not allow inverters... although most drivers use small ones...

another thing.. Werner trucks have idle management.. so the trucks will not idle longer that 5 minutes.. unless the temperature is above 75 or below 40.... I think thats the temperature range... that is why you sometimes see a werner driver holding a lighter or magnifyer under the drivers mirror... that is generally where the sensor is.. so by heating it up you can idle, or my cooling it with ice...

KillingTime Thanks this.
  4. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
  5. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Only the million miler trucks have APUs on them. The rest of the trucks are hit or miss. They use opti idle, and the settings are whatever randomness the mechanics felt like on the day they chose to program it.

The idle isnt just based on temperature. Its also based on idle percent in SOME trucks. For some reason, its always the trucks I get assigned. If you are solo, the trucks can be impossible to keep cool. I went team to avoid this, and it was actually really nice for a long time. But any time I was solo, or if I had to keep sleeping when my co-driver was out of the truck... it suddenly became hell.

So if you team, dont worry about it. If you do anything else, you might not be able to sleep on your off hours.

6. vusomujo

vusomujo Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2016
    Do they have automatic transmission trucks there?

7. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Bingo.
    Are some of them?.... I'll cling to my reservations.
    ####### it, didn't i already answer this for you, bozo?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.