Werner Enterprise Purchase Program

Discussion in 'Werner' started by combatheavyhauler, Feb 9, 2012.

1. collegebratt5

collegebratt5 Bobtail Member

Jun 21, 2015

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Just when I thought you blew this thread up...... You quoted yourself.

At least we know you're mad hahah

4. Picture.Taker

Picture.Taker Light Load Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Earth
    Well.. in about another 2 months I will have my truck paid for. I got it through Werner with no money down. Since I HAD a mediocre credit score I paid a somewhat high interest rate. I signed the note for 4 or 5 years, don't remember which, and since it'll be paid off in under 3, it really doesn't matter. It is a USED truck and as such it WILL break down on occasion. Luckily, I got a good one. I average about 15k/yr on repairs/tires/maint. My wife told me I have to buy another truck next year. We are on the fence as to what to get. I have a TK APU and love it, but Werner quit putting them on all the trucks, so by getting a truck with an APU for the next one, it will be a pretty good bet it was a million miler's truck, meaning it should be better taken care of than a regular fleet truck. I'm thinking a KW next time. They are in the upper 60's now for a 3 year old one.
    The deal.
    49k when I bought it for an 09 Century with a DD-15 Detroit, APU & 334k miles. The book value at the time was about 60k. Werner will sell you a truck under the retail price. Payments are just under $1300/mo + 7¢/mile that goes to principal. This is how you get it paid off faster than the note time. Most trainers pay the truck off in 20-30 months. I take a lot of time off and hate to run as a team, so it'll take me about 34.
    $750 sign on bonus, even if you are coming from the fleet.
    $1000 fuel bonus, split into 2 segments.
    10 Virgin tires, not guaranteed virgins, but will be very good if not.
    4 - free oil changes at the terminals.
    I have 5¢/mi put into an escrow for repairs. When you take time off (I broke an ankle in Jan of 14) the truck payments will be deducted from the escrow, so you stay current on payments. With the payments low when you are not working, it's a lot easier to get caught up when you get back on the road. You may also withdraw from the escrow account if you need it for something.
    Insurance is Blue Cross... and the Werner group policy is a great one according to my doctors. As an O/O it'll cost you around $700/mo for family with dental... I think it is cheap when you consider how much they've forked out on me in the past few years. My wife has been shopping for other insurance as we are weighing our options. For about $1500/mo she has found similar, but not as good elsewhere. This is a big point for me, more so than money.
    Repairs can be done at the terminals, but you will be on the bottom of the priority list. I usually leave the truck with them for 3 or 4 days when I go home for off time. You can buy filters from the shop and get your oil changes elsewhere if you wish. The prices for the filters beat anything I've been able to find on the internet.
    Werner supplies an EFS card that is accepted anywhere they take EFS, not just the company fuel network. The Pro's??? You can buy fuel. The Con's? No cash advances, no oil/parts, only 6¢/ gal off the cash price. EFS checks are $4 if you need one for yourself; company payments - lumpers/tolls/permits are free.
    Direct deposit hits the bank every Tuesday, except when there's a holiday, then on Wednesday. Trips have to be sent in by Tuesday to pay the next. We use trippak. I use the in-cab software and send the trips from my laptop. There is a mobile app available for you smart(?)phone users.
    The truck is MINE, so I set the speed to what I want, not what the Company (think OWNER for you that lease) wants. I've taken a lot more time off now that I have the freedom to do so. I also have the option of saying NO to any loads. Granted, I'm not getting rich here, but, we took 3 weeks in Russia this summer and have 2 weeks booked for a resort a little south of Cancun for January, so I ain't complaining.
    If you live from paycheck to paycheck and/or don't have decent credit, then this probably isn't for you. If you can manage your money, set aside for repairs, and plan your trips to save on fuel and fuel costs, then you should do okay.

5. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    The lack of fuel network discounts always put me off the idea when they would ask me about it. The way I see it, If I am getting fuel at their network locations then I am helping fulfill their quotas to keep those discounts. Why would I pay to help someone else benefit if I can't share in it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.