Werner Enterprise

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jeidson, May 24, 2016.

1. ShooterK2

ShooterK2 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Oklahoma
    This is about the only thing in the post that makes any sense at all, and I completely agree with it.

snowlauncher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    When I worked for Werner I had enough seniority that they would always give me a new truck every time I came back from extended home time. You could always tell who the new drivers were because they were the ones that always wanted a new truck. This was when Freightliner had just moved to Mexico and Peterbilt wasn't much better. I hated new trucks because they were always braking down for small stuff. Anything major and you had to take it to the dealer or DD or Cat, etc for the warranty work. I always tried to get a truck that had around 100k miles on it. From my experience, that was when they'd be broken in and stop braking down for another 200k miles.

4. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    I had no issues with Werner a decade ago, and still know a few people who run for them. The pay isn't great, but it's a great job for steering wheel holders... They make the job easy imo, it's about as stress free as driving can be, which is why they can retain people with such low cpm.

5. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I'm inclined to disagree with that last statement after reading this:
    http://www.thetruckersreport.com/truckingindustryforum/threads/werner-trainer-craps-himself.39618/
    Says all anyone ever needs to know about Werner...

Mr. OBX Thanks this.
  6. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Lol... I love that thread. My trainer was a native American all of 5ft tall, overall a good guy imo. Werner didn't pay enough to keep someone that was hungry, unless they wanted to train. But they treated me well, always made it home on time, decent training, good trucks etc. I'm not a Werner fanboy, but people would pick far worse for a starter company.

7. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    I worked for them for ten years, ten years ago. It was a good company when the old man ran it. It was a race to the bottom after his children started running it.

snowlauncher and CHHALL3 Thank this.
  8. KillingTime

KillingTime Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Rockland, Maine
    Now some fellow named David Leathers (I think that's it) runs the day to day (COO). First time it's been out of family control. But you can bet it'll be business as usual. I'm sure he wasn't hired to be thoughtful and innovative.

9. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    Funny...I have heard this story before.
    "Used to be a good company to drive for, back when the dad ran it". I think that the retired generation definitely had a stronger sense of values. Especially the way they treated drivers, then the young son takes over and drivers become an expendable asset who are considered "suckers" by many in management. It tells me something when trucking companies advertise on radio for drivers bragging about how they are the best. Why don't these companies focus on reataining more drivers and advertise their freight hauling services to customers instead???
    Getting drivers hired on to run some freight is more important to them than getting customers to consign loads.
    Strange world we live in...

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    That's because their customers already enjoy the low rates and believe me, they are lining their pockets with money that belongs to the driver
    This works out for everyone accept the driver...
    Imagine that
    Sooner or later we will have to reverse deregulation or no one will want to do this job , how can anyone blame our younger generation for not wanting to give their lives away like this, to make crumbs and live like an animal in a cage?

11. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
    Werner got me in the game and I am thankful for them. If it wouldn't have been for my personal issues, I would've coasted my year out there. I hate I had to leave, but I make double the money now on average. Like I said before, if you're 50 miles in or around Memphis, KILL somebody to get on that TBC account. Pay is .33 last I was there, but you can't beat off weekends AND pass through during the week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.