Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    B I N G O !!!

I don't know how to adequately express how favorably gRoGgZy's post (above) impresses me.
    Finally, a course of action to take when lookin' for success in the Big truck truckin' industry that makes logical sense and has been proven to make life easier, --- that most haven't considered, or given much, if any, thought to trying. Instead, most wannaBees and newBees will follow the leader and do what's been done already, over and over and over again, --- expecting what? Different results?

When what usually happens, happens, --- let the whinin' begin. And it'll likely never end.
    Big truck truckin' is what it is and has been for a long time, and it's not gonna change for the better any time soon, if ever. Instead of fighting the system, those who think outside the box devise other methods to make it work for them. When a novel idea that works is presented for consideration, wouldn't y'all think folks would at least explore the idea to determine if such a plan would be feasible for them?

Instead of doin' that, we read reactions such as the following:

It appears that Treefork's thoughts revolve around assumptions.

What are opinions based on assumptions and incomplete information worth when making any decision(s)? Anyone who expects to make enough to "pay bills" while in training is startin' off on the wrong foot. Blaming a truckin' company because y'all are broke is illogical. Expecting a truckin' company to settle debts is unrealistic.
    If it's "glory" that y'all seek, there ain't no "glory" in Big truck truckin'.
    It's a job for adults.
    Immaturity need not apply.

Those are pretty big words to throw out there. Especially when you can't prove a lie has been told.
    Until you can prove the accuracy of your accusation, your credibility is non-existent.
    If whomever you call a liar turns out to be tellin' the truth, ---
    what does that make you?
    YuP!
    That's right.

Think twice
    Speak once.

OucH!
    Sometimes the truth hurts,
    but it can also set'cha free.

I find it odd that positive ideas are met with negativity.

That comes through loud and clear, --- at least it is for me.
    I can even hear your message over all the whinin' goin' on.

gRoGgZy and Starchdoggy Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gRoGgZy

gRoGgZy Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2012
    it's good to know that there are other people with reason on here :smt115:

Zoltan1a and AfterShock Thank this.
  4. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Actually, there are quite a few posters here at TTR with reason. :smt045:sign7::idea1::idea::smt115

By the way, ..... Welcome to the forums.
    Stick around and explore all of the different threads. You'll find a lotta friendly, helpful, and entertaining folks here. And, just like Big truck truckin' gets in the blood..... so does this website.

For those who actually research where they'll land
    before they leap, this site is a valuable tool. There must be hundreds of years of combined experience coverin' just about every aspect of Big truck truckin' contained within these threads. All one has to do is prepare a good sized snack, right off the bat, --- then sit one's buttox down and begin digestin' snack food as well as food for thought.

I would have slid down razor blades into a vat of alcohol to have had a place like this when I first started out, and especially when I was a driver trainer, --- a job I thoroughly enjoyed, by the way. I probably learned as much from my trainees as they did from me.
    But, ..... why am I tellin' you that?
    I'm thinkin' you already know.
    Am I wrong? :smt102

5. MrClean2k12

MrClean2k12 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Southern De
    Any ifno on this account? There are 3 plants within about 30 miles of my house and i'm thinking about possibly trying to get onboard if I can. Milage, running area, hometime etc please. Thank You:biggrin_25514:

6. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    I am going to be starting with Stevens, heard good things bout the miles with them. I also did 5yrs with CR England who will take almost any with no experience. It depends on wh u get for a DM as to whether you will get miles. My last two years with them I did west coast regonial and was averaging 2400 mis a week but as a lease driver I was making .4 a mile more then OTR drivers. Ur choice as to who to go to.

7. AfterShock

Sep 19, 2007
    Were the OTR drivers company or lease?

Would you recommend C.R. England to anyone who wants to drive
    a Big truck?

8. rogercausey

rogercausey Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Kayenta, Az
    Well I can't say yes or no...i was a lease driver. CRE is a good starting point as long as u stay company at least for the first year. Don't do lease. When I was leasing for a new truck it was over $700 a week. Used trucks run anywhere from $450-$550 a week and then alot of them break down so if out of warranty you pay repairs.

Yea and always make sure if u go company talk to some of the old timers to find the best DM. The sad thing is as a com driver you are stuck with him/her. You cant fire them like a lease driver can. But the guys with years will steer you in the right direction.

I start with Stevens on the 23rd. Was trying to get back to CRE but they would not hire me back cuz of the way I quit. I am going to be doing company with Stevens for at least a year. Will be honest I have talked to alot of their drivers and never heard any bad words bout them.

AfterShock Thanks this.
  9. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    At the end of the day keep on talking sheet about werner while I keep laughing my way to the bank..... Werner is a bad company for those who got time to bs and try to get smart with the fm and dispatch. And I dgaf if I get dismissed tomorrow I can't talk nonsense about werner, they gave me a job and pretty much put me in a position where if I liked driving I would have stayed and if I didn't I would crawl back to the unemployment line like many of this people have done.. by the way when your fm tells you on a Monday "I got your load for Wednesday heading home" (I got national guard drill this weekend) may be is not the company is you and like they say in Spanish "el Que no grita no mama" "the one who doesn't ask for it doesn't get it." If you don't believe me try catching me in the northeast and central region werner truck 53860

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  10. Truckinchic

Truckinchic Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2012
    MA
    Take your 6 months experience and run while you can. A lot of local companies now only want 3-6 months of OTR experience.
    Christ sakes,,what is it with these companies. Werner, US Express, Trans Am, Cr England,,etc..a lot of bad experiences here.

11. bigdipper

bigdipper Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2012
    FLORIDA
    I'm happy to hear a positive story!
    I assume you're an "employee" driver?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.