Werner Enterprises, Inc. - Omaha, Ne.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by lj, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Nickie

Nickie Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2005
    Swift and Prime drivers will stand behind those companies as well.[/quote]

My husband drove for Swift for over year, when they lost the K-mart account the runs started to suck, and the local dispatch were terrible.

maybe its different strokes for different folks we know drivers from both Werner and Swift still currently employeed that we talk to daily and they are happy with the company.

So like I said its different strokes for different folks!!! :D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nickie

Nickie Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2005
    To: Werner Enterprises Driver

There are some accounts that you can make good money on as a solo driver
    part of your problem was probably you dispatcher.

My husband has gone through his fair share of dispatchers and believe me some were bafoons, sounds like yours was too. He says he is sorry for that!!

I remember one time Justin was on Southwest Regional, and his dispatcher was a *&%$# $@# you get my drift. Now this was back before Justin was a trainer, or was on the Dollar General account, he was newbie. He actually turned in his truck and told them to go %^&* them self.

He was then called by a recuiter and came back to Werner, until this year when a better job home every night came up, but that dispatcher for that Regional account was just unbelievable, all the mile problems you talked about same problem the attitude same, but see when he went back Justin had a new out look on it and decided with any dispatcher problems he would keep going above their head to the next guy till he got some one to fix the problem, sometimes it was hard and a head ache. But, he got what he wanted in the end.

We say agian sorry for the ^&%$ of a dispatcher you got, and the terrible attitude you recieved, Im sure CL Werner would not like to hear that.
    :lol:

4. roundandround

roundandround Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Tennessee
    This may sound stupid, but also a person that is about to become a trainer needs to be trained in some type of manner as to what to teach. Heck he or she may be the best driver in the world, but not be able to covey what they know to another person.
    I was the first one my trainer ever trained and he probally made more mistakes than I did, just one example, he flipped me out of the sleeper twice and I weigh 280, I never once flipped him out even when I had a fast stop to make as I was just easier on the brakes.
    Also a trainer should not have a cell phone and ear peice to his head all the time so the trainee would know who he was talking to. Trying not to listen in on his conversation, I missed " turn here" a few times because I just did not hear him, or maybe understand his very broken english from Jamaca as that is a guess because for 4 weeks that is all we every listen to.
    No CB experiance as he would not turn it on to hear his music or talk on cell. He is a good person and I call him still, but just to say hello and keep in touch, because I cant understand what he is saying to me so far.
    I stuck with it because I had scene trainer/trainee disputes in the parking lot and did not want to have to sit and wait a week or two for another trainer because I spoke up.

5. themlilboots

themlilboots Heavy Load Member

Dec 9, 2005
    My first trainer had diabetes and wouldn't take his meds and he slept the whole time I drove. My second trainer was dislexic (sp) and was always telling me to turn right when he meant left.

6. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Sadly a lot of people go with Werner because of the equipment you will drive.NOT FOR THE $$$ Ego dosen't pay the bills! $$$ does. 8)

7. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    If werner said the check is lost and NEVER cashed.Go to the bank you bought the check from and have them check!Tell the bank to STOP PAYMENT! Or to cancell the check and refund you the $$$.

8. No-more-truckin-4-me

No-more-truckin-4-me Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2006
    I have come to the conclusion that the trucking industry is horrible. All types of business have there share of unfair practices, but the trucking industry is a racket. They seem like the mafia in disguise. I have worked for 3 different trucking companies and some are a little better than others.
    But they all play unfair. Its the office people against the drivers. Also if you ever get called to a meeting to talk about a problem, the trucking comapany your working for will never accept responsibility for anything. The driver is blamed for everything. They will do everything they can to make you mad....They will practically tell you 1 + 1 = 7..And they won't listen to any logic that you have to offer..Good luck on getting your money back....I'm going to try not to get back into trucking unless its just absolutely must happen..The trucking industry can make you very bitter...Good luck

9. skullitor

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Maybe I'm just lucky.But I've never had any of these problems.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What use does Werner have for daycabs? I passed one of those of a few days back here in Baltimore. :?

11. PortlandDriver

PortlandDriver RIP, May You Be Heaventown Bound!

May 30, 2005
    Pacific Northwest
    Could have been a local truck...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.