Werner family dollar dedicated!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Garlicbread56, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I did Dollar Tree for SNI for 8 months, same type of gig and it was not worth it IMHO and I got paid better than what this job does according to what was posted.
    And yes we did stuff like unloading off duty to save drive hours and it sucked, always down to the wire on hours because they were always short on drivers, no surprise on that front ,after a while of doing that job I could see why.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    I heard schneider van suckz for company drivers

4. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I am with werner and in orientation they talked to me about doing tne Dollar General or Family Dollarr account.. I choose not... the pay didnt bother not the work...

What bothered me was tall the accidents and on rrhe job injuries... as a new driver I want to get expeience. Did not want to have an injury and be off the road...

I have run into a couple dollar general drivers at the terminals.. but both were injured.. one tore a ligament in nis shoulder, the other tweaked his back..

As i said, for me as a new driver i didnt want to get an injury and be off tne truck for weeks or months...

5. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I had freight fall on me so many times I lost count, black eyes and broken glasses, bloody noses, bruised ribs and even knocked out cold once.
    The other worry is having a damage incident on your record, I was lucky and never did but a lot of drivers on dollar store accounts do because many are simply awful places to get in and out of.

6. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Houston Texas,USA
    So this is the "New Trucker" Truck School Wonder. No way in Haydes can I laugh enough. I think you deserve a Valet & something else pink. I slept on a 2 X 12, or on the trailer/ deck. I feel\see you, just can't reach you.

7. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    question im not saying accidents can't occur but how on gods green earth so many people getting into accidents on these accounts. are they unloading properly bending at the knees properly to not allow strain on the back what's the problem

8. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I have never been on one of these accounts... but, I can see what you are saying abojt bending at the knees and such... however, I also understand how drivers on these accounts get hurt...

It is a lot of work to unload these loads.. and they need to get it done in a timely manner in all weather conditions..

They get paid the same whether they unload the truck in an hour or 3 hours.. so the quicker you unload the more money you make

9. oneshyne

oneshyne Light Load Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Northern NJ
    yea true Im a package handler for about 6+ years before coming here to werner. im pretty fast with unloading but I understand its at the employees also to get there & stock companies products. I worked in all weather conditions doing about no less then 4 trailers a day. im not gonna lie I need to start using those proper methods frequently but at the sametime my body been adjusted to this since 03 so I unloaded & loaded trailers of all size. I been smack in the face by a box last year for not using the proper methods of loading or unloading *a load stand* so that pretty much gave me a wake up call to take safety measures seriously. being honest about it if all drivers use the safety methods wouldn't the chances of a work place accidents be reduced significantly. here go another 1 for safety when drivers wake up in the morning how often do you see drivers do a pre trip inspection I know youll catch a platoon of them at the truck stop before pulling off not doing it & then when they get slapped with DOT fines they complain & never report the problem that they should've address on the pre trip cause they choose not to do it before leaving.

10. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    I can only speak of DT loads but I wouldn't be surprised of DG and others are loaded just as haphazard.
    Freight falls over,loads are always packed to the point where it's nearly impossible to unload without some toppling over.
    I got clocked with a big heavy box of dinner plates that came down on my head.
    I've opened the doors and had a couple pallets fall out on the ground before.
    Most of these places don't have loading docks you back up to.

11. realsupatrucka

realsupatrucka Road Train Member

Sep 25, 2013
    houston tx
    How are so many ppl getting hurt and the freight is in roller containers? You just roll them off either on the dock or on the ramp and lower it down an roll them in the store....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.