werner has quit hiring?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by mothertrucker-, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poorrednek

poorrednek Left Lane Gang

Oct 23, 2008
    THE DRAFT VA
    I hate it for him but 8 in one year?? 3 bad directions... CELL PHONE call get your own directions. The company i'm with we dont have directions we get a pu number and phone number. We get everything on our own directions to appt times. I'm thinking that he is cutting his time way to close.

If his late loads were due to weather, breakdowns, loading late and other things thats out of his control well pending he communicates with his dispatcher no troubles come from that.

Oh well in my opinion other than seniority he didnt lose much, and that 14 yrs with one company he should get another gig pretty easy if werner dont screw his dac up. Good luck to him.
    ps I dont want to come off as a a%#h*^e its just my opinion with the info provided:biggrin_25525:

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. red95king

red95king Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2007
    AZ
    Those are especially troubling questions in the current environment for drivers. If your son already has a job with benefits I wouldn't quit.

4. freebird

freebird Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Pulaski Virginia
    Nothing against college educations but if the company he worked for has changed management in the last 10 years and conformed to the new *world order business management* then chances are your boyfriend is a great driver but is caught up in the new-age college grad *managers* who have no concept of dedication to their workers. They simply are taught "People are a dime a dozen, nothing stops the machine!".

Its sad, no wonder companys suck in America these days. They are greedy and dont give a rats ### for people. Old saying is, God's got a place for those s o b's too.

5. Chiefton88

Chiefton88 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Wisconsin Rapids, WI
    Im in the same boat... What she said

6. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Just a thought. You seem like a go getter ,did you ever consider going into business for yourself? Start out doing side jobs when you're not working for your boss, then if you get enough business go out on your own. I know the biggest drawback is the cost of your liability and health insurance that's what's keeping me from making the jump from part time to full time landscaper. I know mason work is backbreaking from the few times I did it; so you certainly won't want to be still doing it when your older unless you're the foreman or your own boss with a crew of mexicans doing the hard labor. But you can definetly make some good money doing sidewalks, retaining walls and installing driveway paving stone. My son is still applying for truck driving jobs with the clock ticking on his cdl;(3 months or get a refresher class) Werner is the only one so far that gave him a pre- hire. He still says he's going with them if nothing else comes up. Everybody else wants 6 months experience I'm hoping and praying that something else will.

7. wwfd1220

wwfd1220 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Whitewater, Wisconsin

your son should try millis transfer.... he would have to go through there program and all, but i think they are a way better company than werner. at least from what i have read on these boards about werner...

8. SuchatruckinLady

SuchatruckinLady Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    GA
    The only bad questions are the ones you don't ask. So you've added some advanced questions to my current list of basic questions. Thank you!

However, from how everyone is talking including my favorite CDL instructor, I'd be better off just sticking with my day job until the economy improves. There, I get at least 40 hrs with benefits each week, and this company has no reason to go anywhere. It's just haphazardly ran by the idiots with titles. Maybe things will improve by the summer hopefully. (I'm always full of hopes and wishful thinking.)

9. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    Hey wwfd1220,
    Is Millis hiring new cdl holders? I went to their website and it looks like the are only hiring if you have 1 year behind the wheel. Thanks --- does the fd in your handle stand for fire department? My son is a volunteer firefighter he went through months of training to get that certificate, no pay but he loves it. whosedog

10. wwfd1220

wwfd1220 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Whitewater, Wisconsin

yes sir i am a firefighter..... i believe they are still taking on students. you may want to give them a call to be sure, but i have seen recent posts that they are taking students.

whosedog Thanks this.
  11. j_templin

j_templin Bobtail Member

Apr 10, 2009
    Las Vegas, NV
    Just finished orientation at the fontana terminal yesterday. There was 11 people in my class. There was 20 people in the class before me and 15 in the class that started today. There are only a couple people left from the class before me. They said everyone from my class should have a trainer by Monday.

luvtheroad and whosedog Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.