Werner new driver incentive pay vs. trainee bonus

Discussion in 'Werner' started by kanidana, Oct 28, 2011.

1. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I just finished my training with Werner and was assigned my first truck. I got my first load home and took some home time. I didn't expect a paycheck this week, but I ended up getting a 200 dollar new driver incentive. When I turned in my trip pack on Wednesday, I put in it my certificate for the 500 dollar training bonus. Will I get it or is the new driver incentive what I'm getting instead? Just curious if anybody has had experience with the new driver incentive pay.
    thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I assume nobody has had experience with this situation. I'll update this when I find out next Friday if I have access to the internet. About to go back on the road in the morning.

4. whosedog

whosedog Medium Load Member

Mar 18, 2009
    fair lawn nj
    The $500 training bonus that my son got was for completing the entire training with out taking any hometime,he doesn't know about a new driver incentive.He got the $500 2 weeks after testing out.

kanidana Thanks this.
  5. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Thanks for the input. I did my training without a break as well. I just wasn't sure what that driver incentive was, but I did get a certificate for the 500 dollars so I'll take them at their word because they've paid consistently and on time so far. I guess I'm just a bit nervous because of my current home situation.

6. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    Got my bonus. They've been keeping me pretty busy, but I'll tell ya the per diem pay makes all of the difference because my miles haven't been that good, but my bring home pay has been decent. My highest week was the second week out solo, I got about 2300 miles. Last week, I got about 1300 miles and my paycheck wasn't much less. My trips have mostly been between 180 to 350 miles per trip. Even though I prefer long runs, being kept busy is a good thing. Anyhue just thought I'd update for anybody that might be interested.

Starchdoggy Thanks this.
  7. barroll

barroll Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Southwest Michigan
    Any idea of what that $200 was? I've got a feeling it was just the leftover weekly pay from what part of thhe pay period you tested out in, but thhats out the window if your online settlement had 4 zeros with the word "bonus" next to it.

Also, don't worry about the short runs you're getting now. Any good dispatcher will give new drivers shorter runs while they're testing their limits. Keep calling the driver placement hotline every week to see if they have a nice longhaul dedicated account open.

8. kanidana

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    I don't know about what's going on with the paychecks but I'm satisfied so far. It makes the 18 weeks of school time worth it. After a few days of home time, I got back and got some longer runs and they kept me so busy I slammed my seventy in five days so I'm here in Vegas doing a 34 reset. So far so good.

9. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    Werner drivers, I was accepted to Werner and was due to go to orientation for the DG account last Monday. I didn't go because I had a question with my MVR report. When I got my CDL MVR report, it states no traffic convictions or accidents in the last three years, but it was issued on 10/28/2011. I had tickets before this that are less than three years old. Will they be transferred over to my CDL? Its been two months now and nothing is showing. I would hate to go to orientation just to be sent back home. Any comments?

10. keetojo1

keetojo1 Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2016
    To anyone who has completed training with werner. Do they still give the $500 Training bonus

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.