Werner Owner Operators

Discussion in 'Werner' started by SpyderRyder, May 20, 2012.

1. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    That good. you truck is in good shape. good luck out there. i hope to get a trainer by friday. hopefully.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Good luck Koolguy, stay safe and between the lines.

4. Koolguy

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    Hey what was ur truck color and number. Monday evening a guy was sitting at the hotel saying he was delivering a truck up this way. someone was buying it. it was an older model kenworth

5. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Well, first week out and everything went pretty well. Need to find ways to conserve fuel. First trip I averaged 6.87 MPG on 4 stops and 1247 miles. So far on this second load of 803 miles, I'm at 6.55 MPG and I'm still about 170 miles to go but with a full dunnage trailer this time. I hope it will creep up to 7 MPG. I've been running an average speed on the interstate of 58 and back roads depending on conditions. I think that when I eventually get a Bully Dog tuner for my truck, I'll be able to get a good tune that will give me more HP, Torque, and fuel economy. First options getting installed will be the Crossfire dual tire pressure equalization system on my drives and the Centramatic wheel balancers on the steers. When I fuel up at the DC, I pay around 3.22 per gallon for fuel from Werner versus 3.50 something at the Love's in Ardmore. The pumps were down on this last trip to I had to fill up at the Love's. I figure that cost me about 40 dollars so I hope they get those pumps fixed ASAP. Probably wouldn't hurt to hit the Dallas Terminal and fuel up on my way back in the morning. I had to put 100 gallons in the tanks at the TA in New Braunfels coming back from the Rio Grande Valley on my first trip. Gauge shows empty with about 60 gallons left on board so got to find out if that can be adjusted.

6. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Mine is light blue Cascadia and was 53606 but is now 14108.

7. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    First stop Friday evening had to back the right drives over a curb and pulled my mud flap off. Got to second stop at 21:30 and fixed it before I hit the rack. Being an Owner/Op sure makes you more aware and careful. If you take a look at most of the company trucks pulling Dollar General, they are a mess.

8. Koolguy

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    Hey my trainer has an 08 frightliner that just like yours. It yours come with an APU

9. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Mine is equipped with a Carrier APU.

10. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Is this a lease purchase??

11. SpyderRyder

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    This is a straight out purchase. Financed for 60 months from Werner. Normally a lease purchase agreement like Stevens Transport does, you lease a new truck then at the end of the lease period you have an option to purchase the truck or turn it back in for another new truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.