Werner Trainer on this forum

Discussion in 'Werner' started by Cruser711, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Oldman49

Oldman49 Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2014
    My wife was a Werner trainer for a few months,,,picked up a female student, who states she is gay and has a girlfriend,,any problems with that ? Nope just stick to training.
    The chick was always on her phone to her GF. Stop to fuel she won't fuel,wash glass, inspect or nothin,,oh yea,,#####es about not stopping for a sit down lunch every noon.
    So after several warnings the wife says something's going to change or else..girl climbs in the cab and starts an argument,finally waling on my wife's ### ! Big mistake, the wife shoves her ### out of the cab throws her #### down on the ground and calls training and cops. Cops show up and the chick claims she has been held hostage by Werner. Can't eat,shower,call her family or allowed any outside contact..
    Werner asks the cops to take her to the bus station where a ticket to home will be waiting . Lol..the wife is directed to the Atlanta terminal where she is interviewed and bruises photographed. Miss ####### tried to unload a can of lawyers on Werner till the photos were introduced..
    Besides all that she was a lousy driver and couldn't keep it between the lines.. Was the last student...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.

HOLY CHT!
    Thats one hell of a trainer story...

Not to get off topic but that reminds me of my trainer....
    I caught My trainer, at Gordon GTI back in 03 , rubbing one out in the sleeper, BUTT ### NAKED HAHAHA as I was driving...HAHHA
    He was 45 ish I was 25ish....
    First time in the truck as a working man and not hanging with a friend...so I felt as awkward as possible...Next stop, I jumped out and said peace!
    Got another job the next week....

4. Davezilla

Davezilla Medium Load Member

May 19, 2009
    I had this trainer at Hunt, Crete's flatbed sister company... and the guy was laying facing away from me with a cloth draped over him except for half his rear, like some sort of parody of a Roman sculpture. It twas bizzare, but not the worst thing he had done.

One of the drivers over a Hunt was engaged to one of our female trainers. She came home from work and went out on the tractor to blow off some steam... ended up having some sort of brain aneurysm or something, passed out and the tractor kept going until it hit the trailer of the Werner truck and finished her off. The guy ended up finding her crushed under her own truck.

Thats what happens when you push people needlessly and make things as dramatic and stressful as possible when anything happens.

5. BrenYoda883

BrenYoda883 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Wow... these are quite the horror stories....

I was with werner for 18 months... was never as bad as I read it would be.... the pay is not great... but, there are some good accounts where you can earn a decent check each week...

as for training... there are some good trainers... I had two trainers... my first a female.. was annoying.. always on the phone and a bad trainer.. so I called werner and they routed us to a terminal and I got off her truck and on with another trainer the next day... my 2nd trainer was male.. he was a great trainer and We got a long great... he was always professional and respectful...

later, I gave being a trainer a try... first student was a nut case.. but she was only on my truck for a day... I knew a few hours down the road there would be trouble.. so called werner.. we dropped our load at the drop yard in KC, picked up one neaded back to Omaha...

my next student was good... however, she ended up having to go home for medical reasons...

my 3rd student was great... she did her whole training with me... she was a good student and we got a long well...

My 4th student was a freak... dont even know how to explain her... other than a freak... however she only lasted 3 days... but, 3 days with some people is a long time... I knew from tne start it would be a challenge with her.. but was going to try and stick with it... why just dump her on another trainer..

I was 2nd trainer and she had a list of complaints about her first trainer... she claimed he sexually harassed her... he got suspended from training while they investigated..

anyway.. it cause him problems with his wife... which, if he did sexually harass her then he brought it on himself... I did t know who her trainer was... didnt even know his name...

well by the 2nd day.. I started realizing this girl has issues...
    by the 3rd day it was obvious she was a compulsive liar... I started realizing inconsistencies in her story about her last trainer... and I experienced her twisting things first hand...

I had very strong suspicions that her last trainer did not do what she was accusing him of... so I called werner and told them my thougnts... well, I called them when we were stopped for the night... and were taking showers... and the showers they assigned us were not even close to eachother... and when you are training or teaming the shower is the only real privacy you have... anyway.. she stood outside the door to my shower room and listened to all my conversation...

I didnt know it until later she was being combative.. and tney went off about me standing up for that guy.. well, I put two and two togetner and realized she had listened to my phone call... so.. she tried to say a bunch of crap about me.. but werner stood up for me and sent her home on greyhound. .

after her I decided I was done with training...

anyway.. you may get a bad trainer, cause there are some.. if so call and get another... if you get a good one.. which there are some good.. then stick witn them...

after training... actually before you finisn training.. get on the werner website, go to the driver portal and to driver placement and go through the accounts... get yourself on a good account. ..

then get some experience and go from there. ..

Lightside and Oldman49 Thank this.
  6. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015

Start with Werner on Tuesday in Fontana. Looking forward to it. I have heard (and read) stories but to be honest I hear bad things about every beginner company out there so whatever..going with Werner..lol. Have my reasons going with them as well.

7. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    The good thing about Werner is that they have few rules and basically leave you alone as long as you don't make huge mistakes. They have little computer tests of you mess up, and give warnings for most accidents. They aren't "bad".

The hard part is tolerating your trainer and safety people, but they are pretty lax as long as you aren't a safety risk.

Just appreciate being able to route yourself. The other starters and my current company assign routing, it's terrible. Werner doesn't do that, and they run 65. Its not a completely bad company.

I left because of a personal objection to how trainers are treated. I never had problems with anything but being a trainer.

But unless you are desperate, don't do the regional. Pay sucks. Everything else is decent. No idea why.

If you get used to teaming with your trainer, call placement and at least try teaming. It was a huge step up for me. Pay was much higher than expected.

I'm not very happy with my new company, would recommend Werner to anybody in need. i only left for personal conflict over training. Nothing else really bothered me.

Jacked Jaw and Lightside Thank this.
  8. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    My stepson runs the target dedicated out of Madison, Al. He likes the job, and his fleet mgr.He also said Werner is not knit picky and if you do your job they don't bother you that much.

Davezilla and Lightside Thank this.
  9. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Have you heard much about this route that goes from LA to Sacramento to Portland and back? That is the route they are putting me on. Pays quite low 25cpm. On the plus side I live just off the I-5 so could stop by home for 8 hour resets or something.

10. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    One of the other guys came on here and showed his pay stub, he averaged like 34cpm with stops, but his pay was pretty average. After taxes it's like 500-600 a week. Teaming was closer to 1000.

The problem with regionals is that your breaks won't line up with your home location. Of you have hours, you'll have to keep driving past to deliver the load. That's the reason I don't recommend them. Because you keep driving past you home and never get to stop. It just makes the job worse than it had to be.

OTR or teaming will pay more and you'll get to see more interesting stuff. In 6 months or a year you can get a real home daily with Conway or somebody else. If you are going to be away from home, you might as well pick the one that makes you the most money.

Either way, Werner can always transfer you if you want. You aren't locked in.

Lightside Thanks this.
  11. Davezilla

May 19, 2009
    I used to run on that account! That's the pickiest one they have hahaha. That says a lot, if he works the pickiest account and it's still pretty laid back. The dispatcher is a pretty serious guy, but he's not a bad person. He does his job and leaves drivers alone, so it's a nice account.

As far as I know, that's the only account with double drop and hook at every store. And it's still not that bad. Very nice area up in Madison. No appointment times for drops. They Roll doors that can be opened from the store, so just put it up against the door and leave a copy of the paperwork.

The only account I don't recommend is masterbrand. Avoid like plague. Very low pay, very hard work. Every other account was pretty good.

bamamac Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.