Werner, You can't afford it!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by gmrday, Nov 16, 2006.

1. 2nd career

2nd career Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Mesquite,NV
    All I'm hearing is Werner, Werner, Werner. Anybody have ANYTHING good to say?

:biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510::biggrin_25510:

NukedNative Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LadyTrucker99

LadyTrucker99 Heavy Load Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Lexington, NC
    I dont think it matters what company it is--your gonna have several trainers to act inappropriately. I worked with werner a while and had no major issues with the exception that they got to where they didnt wanna give me enough miles. That was my main gripe--i didnt have no desire to sit waitin for days on a load. Other than that--i had no problems with them . Of course, i didnt have to go out with a trainer when i worked with them due to the fact i had experience. I do believe they need more female drivers to alleviate some of these issues for women. I know many women do not feel safe training with a man they dont even know and sometimes it can be really hard to learn when you feel this way.

4. wolfman929

wolfman929 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Dickson Tn
    NOT REALLY!!!!!!!!!

5. FireDog

FireDog Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Roscoe, IL
    I tried to go with Werner about 3 months ago. BIG mistake.
    After being told that everything was paid for and that I just had to show up to class, I found out 2 weeks later, after spending a #### load of money on gas to get back and forth to class everyday that they wanted me to pay them 3,000 out of pocket or I wouldn tbe able to finish class.
    Before the first class I even went to I asked the recruiter if I would have to pay anything, he saud no, it was covered... LIE....
    After I was told I had to pay 3 grand, I called the recruiter back up, and he told me that wasnt right, LIE...
    Long story short, I told Werner to go to hell and I am now planning on going to PAM.
    The thing that sucks the most about it all is that I left I very good paying job as a firefighter because I want to be a truck driver, not to mention that I have a family to support, I dont have the money to fork out 3 grand.

Thats my wonderful Werner experience in a nutshell though

FireDog

6. hendersoncnc

hendersoncnc Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2007
    baltimore,maryland
    yeah my homeboy is ready to leave to..he didnt tell me y he said just dont do it!!!

7. OH BOY. Can we ever! I've posted my own experience with these guys, and my brother (Army) Ranger from another mother has also posted his horror stories about them. Look around this forum, and you'll find plenty.
    I can't say anything about the "training" Werner offers, but lot's of guys DO make it thru. Sounds like he got the worst deal out of a bunch of bad dealers though! This guy's trainer sounds like about the lamest excuse for a driver I can imagine. My advice to the guy woulda been to wait until he got to a terminal before "firing" his trainer, then giving another one a try.

Best advice I've ever come across about choosing a company is: Ask them what requirements they have before a driver is qualified to become a trainer. When I was with them, Werner required ONLY 8 MONTHS experience. That's nowhere near enough experience to be able to teach another driver. Theoretically you could be hopping into a truck, heading out to "train" with a trainer, and neither one of you has ever driven a truck during winter..

8. knightbringer

knightbringer Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2007
    macon, ga
    They asked me to train after 6 months. That's 6 (six) months! 1/2 of a year, from the time I 1st jumped in a truck. 6, man.

9. NorCalTrucker

NorCalTrucker Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Elk Grove, CA
    Was with Werner. My first trainer had me practice backing 6 times in 1 day, that was it and my second trainer let me back up more but I was only with him for 3 weeks. Needless to say I am okay with backing now. But after my training I sat for 8 hours trying to get an EFS check approved for my repairs then I sat another day waiting for a load. Needless to say in 2 1/2 months I never ran anything heavier than 28,000 lbs. My first heavy load was 46,000 and as I was traveling along I-84 I came upon some black ice and another trucker doing 35MPH and wound up hitting him at 45 MPH which in turn got me terminated of course after sitting for 30 days without pay. Now I cannot get a trucking job and do not know what is going to happen.

10. iamkaren123

iamkaren123 Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2007
    Chattanooga, Tennessee
    To everyone in this forum,

My fiance has been driving for Werner for a little less than 10yrs now. He is kinda stuck there because of having to pay child support. But let me tell you, we are both sick of the crap Werner pulls. Their motto, "Werner Cares" ########, Werner cares about making money and giving it to the CEO. Werner does not care for its drivers. My fiance does more sitting than anything. Well, Monday is a good day. Lets just say, he is checking out another job with another company.

Stay away from Werner. Noone has a good thing to say. That should tell you something.

11. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    My mother taught me to never say "never" or "always". "No one" and "everyone" can fall in that category. There are several people on this forum who have said good things about Werner. I have talked with several Werner drivers who are extremely happy with the company. I have been on other sites where drivers highly recommend Werner. When you make the claim that "no one says anything good about Werner" and then people read comments on here from people that do, your comments become invalid.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.