Werner's fall from grace

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Werners not good, Oct 2, 2015.

1. Werners not good

Werners not good Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Werner enterprises use to b a fine company.me n my brother n law teamed up to make that money.my name Jefferson Thomas.I want the higher ups to see who wrote this so they can take care of some of the people that's bringing the company down.my fleet manager was don f.we was doing good at first.then they gave us dedicated on freightliner.from gastonia nc to Laredo tx.then they started trying to give us 150 miles n 75 miles n stuff like that.remember we r a team.when u don't run it they make u set a day or so.our pay days went from 1300 apiece to nothing.my brother nlaw quit.that put me as solo.then they wouldn't let me get out of the state of Georgia.forcing me to quit.I tryed to get help n terminal at lithia springs n fell on that's not my job.there r some great people at werner that want to bring werner back to its glory.n there's the ones that r bringing it down.that's why they can't keep teams.my truck # was 65861,we went to a team company .if u have a family they will starve.like I said they r people trying to bring it back up.but first must get rid of bad apples.hopefully this is good enough to help u make your mind up on werner n good luck drivers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
    Reason for edit: Removed employee last name
    TruckDuo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    Werner was a good company? When, in 1984?

4. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    When diesel was .84¢ a gallon...
    image.jpeg

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    When you teamed,did you look at what Werner pays?That right there should have been more then enough to apply elsewhere.Who's these so called good ppl trying to bring Werner up?You don't think the big boys at the company know whats going on?Better think again.As long as they see profits they could care less what happens.How long did your dispatcher keep you in Georgia?Next company make sure they don't have a lot of local drivers working for them.Werners locals called net ops takes a good majority of freight away from the long haulers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2015
    Reason for edit: Edited quote
    TruckDuo, sevenmph and The Patriot Thank this.
  6. The Patriot

The Patriot Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Werner was once good?
    When the hell was that....?
    Started my career here in 04...hit my six month mark and left this crap hole and never looked back.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I was there 3 yrs and the entire time I was angry and stressed.I would have made more money picking up soda cans for a living.

8. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    Werner is just another mega carrier crap company....
    I did six months so I could get the min to go and get hired at a local driver temp company.
    First week at the temp company I made 1000 bucks without breaking a sweat or stressed.....at Werner I was lucky to get 500...

TruckDuo and Florida Playboy Thank this.
  9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Werner must be getting some good money for hiring drivers they don't really need.Wonder how much subsidy they receive.

HorseShoe, TruckDuo and The Patriot Thank this.
  10. jamborrie

jamborrie Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    orange park florida
    what would be a good to great company to start out with? i am going through school now and was thinking werner until i read this can you help me out? thanks

The Patriot Thanks this.
  11. The Patriot

Oct 9, 2014
    Greenville,Ohio
    I would choose a carrier closest to your home for many reasons. That said...if I had to do it all over again....I would go with someone like US Express on one of their dedicated accounts. I also think I heard Carter Express has a starter program.

TruckDuo and jamborrie Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.