Werner's fall from grace

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Werners not good, Oct 2, 2015.

1. All of these mega carriers, are "driver mills". They ply you with hype on the great money, some brand new truck you will never see unless you drive for then 20yrs.

Best advice. Do your time try to survive, learn about companies on the road. Move on when you have a,yr plus under your belt.

Tall Mike, The Patriot and TruckDuo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Werners not good

Werners not good Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2015
    I

4. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Schneider was/is good to me. If you're in need of daily reassurance and hand holding, Schneider is NOT the place to be. If you can get up, go to work, and live up to your commitments, I highly recommend Schneider. The first 6 months can be kinda tough, but one you get into the groove, it's a piece of cake.

5. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    I almost went to werner. They were the only company that was gonna take me. I had a failure to appear for an expired inspection. I don't remember a court date but anyways when I got a letter from ny state saying my dl would be suspended if I didn't pay $100. I went right to the court house and paid the fine on time but it still resulted in a 1 month suspension. So after cdl school " I paid my own way" I found a small company that hauls end dump and tanker and they hired me. I get paid percentage of load that frequently averages 45 to 50 cpm. Screw the mega carriers and try your best for a small company 100 trucks or less and you might get lucky Like me and skip all the bs.

The Patriot Thanks this.
  6. rambler

rambler Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2007
    You gotta have some grace before you can fall from it.......

Bumper, drvrtech77 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I agree,guess the op found something in Werner that most of us fail to see.

rambler Thanks this.
  8. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    At one time, Werner was alot better than it is now.

And their drivers,

USED to be some of the most courteous on the road.

But, that was in a different century.............

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I was gonna say what yr was that till I seen your last sentence,lol.Back in 2002 when I was there they were bad then and with each passing yr they went from bad to worse.Now its been a decade since I worked there and have yet to see any positive things about them.Goes to show companies refuse to make their place better to keep the drivers because carriers like Werner rather see drivers drop like flies.Don't know why unless they receive a nice size subsidy package.Training and keeping those drivers would make better since.

10. Tall Mike

Tall Mike Road Train Member

Aug 20, 2014
    New York
    I'm about to start year number 23 out here I don't remember Werner being anything more than a mega fleet bottom feeder.....I do know they are good at knocking hoods off and then trying to blame the parked truck that was hit....A good freind of mine lost a total of 3 hoods on 3 different trucks of his in 2 summers thanks to Werner drivers..
    1 was backed into
    1 was a driver pulling out of a spot cut it to close
    1 didn't set his brakes after he pullled ahead after fueling and rolled backwards

peterbilt_2005 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  11. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    You get what you pay for,werner pays cheap so that's the type of ppl they hire.They don't care too much what their drivers hit because they have a well below average training program like most mega's do.

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.