Western Express Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dogg478_1902, Jan 1, 2014.

1. CJMC

CJMC Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    I know, huh? Kind of cute, though.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJMC

CJMC Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2015
    C'mon- be nice.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. will reyes

will reyes Bobtail Member

Jul 31, 2015

I went to western for there refresher course when they gave me my own truck the gave me a truck that wouldn't regen after it would go through the cycle my 3 engine lights would stay on and if you were driving the engine would shutoff on you unless you hit the override button every min or so I called the shop they say just keep running the cycle the filters clogged this went on for 3days down in Georgia with all the construction trying to watch traffic, shift,watch for the shut down light and hitting the switch it got to the point where I drove to a dealership and refused to drive it. Then when I first got there I was told I would only be there 7-10 days then ill be home so because they wanted me to get a sleep study my first month at home they gave me a 30 medical card. I kept telling my dispatcher I needed to get my medical card renewed and they waited to long now im home and they suspended me for 30 days. and it took 5 weeks to even get a chance to go home. so how can I get a sleep study done when you wait till after my medical card expires to get me home/to a doctor

6. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I find it humorous that 99% of the people griping about companies in these threads have one post. All the seasoned vets have learned to take the good with the bad

tracyq144 Thanks this.
  7. Moving Forward

Moving Forward Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2014
    New England, USA
    dogg478_1902, how's the Class Action lawsuit against WE coming along for you folks? That same law firm is about to settle a large case against CR England for $5,000,000 and it sounds like it will happen this fall. Although I would have preferred to see a much larger financial hit on CRE, or even taking it to trial instead of a settlement between the lawyers, it does show some benefits to getting involved in a Class Action suit against the greedy mega companies that treat drivers so poorly. Can you give us a general update on the lawsuit?

8. jbee

jbee Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2011
    NC
    The answer is right there within your post. A lot of the ones hosed were probably new, (And I'm sure some seasoned drivers got caught up as well) dove in head first, dazzled by their ads and offers, and more than likely, never did their research and were members of a forum such as this, until AFTER the fact.

It isn't til after the fact, then they learn the hard truth about learning to take the good with the bad.

Then, reality set in........

9. fang2300

fang2300 Bobtail Member

Aug 17, 2015
    I was with western express. I get back to the terminal I wanted to find out how much they were going to pay me to work there and one of the guy's there told me after mentioning to him about how much I was supposed to be getting paid. I said I was told by cherron davis that you guy's were going to pay me $1100 to $1200 a week and run 2400 miles a week as well because that's what the so called recruiter cherron davis told me that's what I would be making and driving that's why I went from california to tennessee to get the job. He told me there's know way that he was going to pay me that and that he was only going to pay me $.27 a mile and $15 for tarping which is ######## pay. I was only running about maybe 1900 miles a week. So they basically wanted to pay me under minim wage for 11 hours a day 6 to 7 days a week. Then the guy I talked to calls cherron davis to find out if she told me that and she denied the whole thing that she told me that. Then on top of that they under pay me for the training. Cherron davis the so called recruiter told me that I would be getting a certain amount for training and going through orientation and I didn't even get what she told me for the training or orientation. Also they wouldn't even pay me for some of the weeks I was there as well.

10. TruckMama678

TruckMama678 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2015
    Are there any women that worked for Western Express that experienced sexual harassment by a trainer or other employee? I am curious to know how your situation turned out because I didn't get the reaction I expected when I said something.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  11. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Western Express offers all this stuff to get you to work there( 24in tv, dvd, direct tv in truck) so i wonder if anyone else said why would i need this stuff if im staying busy. And the local craigslist for western does state 2200-2400 miles a week and an industry leading lease purchase??????????????? JUST SAYing sound fishy to me

TruckMama678 Thanks this.
  12. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    When will these rookies learn?
    .... These trucking companies will say and do anything to get your butt in their equipment
    Without drivers they won't have a job ... They are not your friend and they hold their nose while they smile at you (the driver)
    They have plenty of carrots to dangle in front of drivers that do not know better

ttyson, Hittman 306 and TruckMama678 Thank this.
  13. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    SO TRUE

• Truckers Report Jobs