Western Express Class Action Lawsuit

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by dogg478_1902, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That "we have tv's in our trucks" deal usually means they are desperate to fill trucks due to high turnover, and to me it means you'll be sitting a lot. And then there's the catch: a big deposit out of your pay and a certain amount deducted for the service itself. In other words, it's just a gimmick.

Texas_hwy_287 and Hittman 306 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hittman 306

Hittman 306 Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2012
    yeah it makes me scratch my head and say DOH its not for me. On 1 page of craigslist where i live out of 50 posts western had 10 ads. Sorry not the company for me!!!!!!!!!!!

4. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Any trucking company worth working for usually is hard to get hired on...
    They already have plenty of good drivers
    They never need sales tactics or sign bonuses or such

Texas_hwy_287 and Hittman 306 Thank this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    Mine is hiring, small company but more looking to expand rather than turnover. I think that's a sign things are going better. The recession took out a lot of small outfits and these mega companies like WE and England took advantage of all the lost manufacturing jobs (thanks in most part to China) and high unemployment to grab as many people off the street as possible, gave them just enough training to pass a cdl test and fill their revolving door trucks with extra cheaply paid, under skilled drivers.

BigHossVolvo and Hittman 306 Thank this.
  6. Hittman 306

Sep 26, 2012
    SO TRUE

7. Big City RayRay

Big City RayRay Bobtail Member

Sep 24, 2015
    What about the Truckers who are currently working for Western do that have a leg to stand out for all the BS they are doing to there employees?

8. Hittman 306

Sep 26, 2012
    Western is like the other Biggies they lure people in with the TV's and satellites in their trucks but if you look at the turnover rate its huge when they have large orientation class's everyweek you wonder why do they need all these drivers. I went to work for JB Hunt in january of 2000 1 class of the new year and they told us right in orientation out of 56 people they would lose half in the 1st 30 days and at the end of 3 months they consider it good if 3 of the 56 were still there. my son went to us express they had 65 people in the monday class and 55 in the wednesday class by thursday out of 65 people there was only 20 left by friday 12. Big companies dont care about drivers as a hold by how many trucks can they kept running that month. So they best thing to do is ask a ton of questions and use this forum to try and find the good companies out there they are hard to find but they are out there!! and dont laugh cause i went to JB i was a dip and found out the hard way.

9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
  10. Walt77

Walt77 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Definitely be getting old of the attorney...

11. AKMTRUCKINGLLC

AKMTRUCKINGLLC Bobtail Member

Dec 17, 2016
    I have just left western express and have been f over very bad. Im in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.