Western Express cuts me off going up mountain.

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by Woody87, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Moon_beam

Moon_beam Heavy Load Member

Aug 29, 2012
    If a truck is passing me and their right turn signal is on when their cab is still behind my cab what are they trying to communicate??? I have always presumed that they were never trained correctly on how to pass. It almost sounds like some are telling me that I am supposed to slow down for them???

dennisroc and Woody87 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    It can mean different strokes for different folks. I think normally it's to communicate to the person behind them. That they will be getting out of their way as soon as they pass, but if the op said there was nobody behind him. Them I would assume its the driver being a clown and saying. I'm going to pass you super fast. It also say's if he is slowly going by you. That I'm in a governed truck and if you would be so kind to let me get out of other's way by dropping your speed a bit. Just depends on the situation. But of course as fast as he passed him. I would think it was him saying I'm going to blow your doors off, and still could of been a mistake with him not taking his time to judge correctly when he looked in his mirrors.

Dennis they say you can learn a lot from a dummy. So I suggest you take notes ;)

4. Woody87

Woody87 Bobtail Member

Dec 24, 2011
    USA
    Just keep in mind this one irritated me more than it usually does because on the other side of that guardrail is about a thousand foot drop down the side of the mountain. This wasn't the first time and certainly won't be the last, but I take pride in the equipment that I use and my safety record and when an idiot like the one in my video trys to pull a stunt like this it hits a bad nerve for me. I haven't been out here for very long(approx 3 years) and hopefully I have a long productive future out here, and when someone threatens my livelyhood with their stupidity I have every right to be pissed about it. I don't normally post this kind of stuff, but I figured maybe it will help some of the other drivers out there(veterans AND rookies) to take a little extra care when passing another truck.

Moon_beam and dennisroc Thank this.
  5. dennisroc

dennisroc Road Train Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea

I say Nothing !

Dinomite Thanks this.
  6. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or

Very true statement
    Like you said you have to learn how to drive defensively, there are too many out there that drive aggressively and you have to be ready for it, I cant count the times im cut off like that especially when I drive in the LA area especially the 405 which I take several times a week. It was especially bad today compared to most days for the time of the day I traveled it.

Dinomite Thanks this.
  7. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea

I don't know where you all come up with being "scared" I never said that. I don't drive a truck yet but I have driven all over the world and in Japan and the UK I drove on the wrong side of the road with a car that had the steering wheel on the wrong side : )
    I live in South Korea and drive in Seoul on a regular basis which is a lot bigger city than NYC so I have seen it all, I get cut off on a regular basis. I am just saying as a professional driver you should drive like a professional.
    I learned to fly and work on airplanes , I think I can learn to drive a truck. I am not saying either is simple but it also ain't bottle rocket science.
    Be safe

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  8. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    why quote me? I never said a statement towards you or anyone about being "scared" I only replied I agreed on how people drive.

9. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea

Easy wolf , didn't mean you said that , that is just the quote you replied to. I was just saying I know what to expect out there, I am a wannabe truck driver not a wannabe driver, I have I been driving for a lot of years. Sorry for misunderstanding.
    i see crazy drivers everywhere,these are the drivers I feel that kill people and many of these people walk away no problem.

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  10. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    just like drunk drivers, they slaughter a whole family but walk away from the scene with a scratch and bruise at times....

dennisroc Thanks this.
  11. dennisroc

Oct 9, 2013
    Anjung-Ri, South Korea

Yeah that is the point I was trying to make, just because it happens all the time don't make it right. Maybe honking at that driver and getting on the CB would of got his attention and made him think a little harder next time he passes. If no one honked he might be thinking he has all kinds of room.

Moon_beam Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.